How Does Solid Angle Affect Power Calculation in Radiometry?

In summary, the solid angle plays a role in calculating power (W) with the brightness of a source observed by an area (Asource) and is determined by the size of the collecting area (Aantenna). This means that the solid angle will be the same for any point on the same collecting area, regardless of the point chosen.
Maximilian2
I have a doubt regarding the role of the solid angle when calculating the power(W) with the brightness of the source I'm observing with area Asource. I was given the definition:
1606412452173.png

with A the Aantenna. If now I take as an example the picture below to calculate W, we conisder as solid angle the one respect to the center of our "collecting area"(antenna Aant), if I take another point on this area the solid angle that subtends the source is different and shouldn't be different the integration terms?

1.png

Astronomy news on Phys.org
The solid angle is determined by the size of your collecting area. The larger the collecting area, the greater the solid angle. Therefore, if you take two points on the same collecting area, the solid angle will be the same regardless of the point you take.

What is brightness?

Brightness is a measure of the amount of light emitted from a source, measured in units of luminous intensity or luminance.

What is solid angle?

Solid angle is a measure of the amount of space an object or light source takes up in three-dimensional space, measured in units of steradians.

How are brightness and solid angle related?

Brightness and solid angle are related through the inverse square law, which states that the brightness of a source decreases as the solid angle over which it is spread increases.

How is brightness measured?

Brightness can be measured using a photometer or a spectrophotometer, which measures the intensity of light at different wavelengths. It can also be measured using a light meter, which measures the amount of light falling on a surface.

What factors affect brightness and solid angle?

The brightness and solid angle of a source can be affected by factors such as distance, size of the source, and the amount of light being emitted. Other factors, such as atmospheric conditions and the presence of other objects, can also impact brightness and solid angle.