Building a Device with Vertical Pipe and Stepper Motor - Help Needed

In summary, to improve your device, you can use Bernoulli's equation to calculate the air flow escaping from the space between the fan and the tube, and Stokes-Law calculation to determine the pressure ratio when there is turbulence around the ball.
ytcat
Hello.

Im bilding a device.

I have 1m vertical pipe with fan in the bottom and stepper motor at the top with sliding ping

pong ball in it.

(pipe d=45mm, ball d=40mm 2.7g)

Stepper controls ping pong high in the pipe.

The device is working but mehanics is not my aria at all so it is very difficult to me to

calculate all of it.

I have 25 CFM fan that located a couple mm under the pipe that working at a constant

rate, my question is how I can calculate using Bernoulli or Stocks laws if some

of the airflow is getting out from the space between the fan and the tube.

Also how can I calculate the pressures ratio if I have turbulence on the sides of the ball.

Please help.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 473
Engineering news on Phys.org
To calculate the air flow escaping from the space between the fan and the tube, you can use Bernoulli's equation. This equation states that the total energy of a flowing fluid is conserved along a streamline. You will need to measure the pressure and velocity of the air at two points along the streamline (one point being in the space between the fan and the tube and the other point being outside of this space). The difference in pressure between these two points can then be used to calculate the mass flow rate of air escaping from the space.To calculate the pressures ratio when there is turbulence on the sides of the ball, you can use a Stokes-Law calculation. This calculation is based on the drag force exerted by the ball on the surrounding air. You will need to measure the velocity of the ball and the viscosity of the fluid (air) to calculate the drag force. Once you have the drag force, you can then calculate the pressure ratio by dividing the drag force by the area of the ball.

Related to Building a Device with Vertical Pipe and Stepper Motor - Help Needed

1. What is a vertical pipe and stepper motor device?

A vertical pipe and stepper motor device is a mechanism that uses a vertical pipe as a frame and a stepper motor as a power source to control the movement of a part or mechanism attached to it.

2. What are the advantages of using a stepper motor in this type of device?

A stepper motor offers precise and controlled movements, making it ideal for applications that require accurate positioning. It also has a high torque-to-size ratio, meaning it can generate a lot of power in a small package.

3. How do I choose the right stepper motor for my device?

The right stepper motor will depend on the specific requirements of your device, such as the size and weight of the load it needs to move, the desired speed and accuracy, and the power supply available. It is important to consult with a supplier or engineer to determine the best fit for your needs.

4. Can a vertical pipe and stepper motor device be used in any industry?

Yes, this type of device can be used in various industries, including manufacturing, robotics, and automation. It is commonly used in applications that require precise and controlled movements, such as 3D printing, CNC machines, and medical devices.

5. What are some tips for building a reliable and efficient vertical pipe and stepper motor device?

Some tips for building a reliable and efficient device include choosing high-quality components, properly sizing the motor and power supply, ensuring proper alignment of the motor and pipe, and regularly maintaining and monitoring the device for any potential issues. It is also important to thoroughly test the device before use to ensure it meets the desired performance requirements.