Building Musical Instruments: Exploring the Intersection of Physics and Music

• Thread starter Alejo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rookie
In summary, Building Musical Instruments explores the intersection of physics and music by delving into the science behind sound production and instrument design. It covers topics such as the properties of different materials and their impact on sound, the role of resonance and harmonics in creating unique tones, and the importance of precise measurements and calculations in creating functional instruments. By understanding the physics behind musical instruments, builders can create innovative and high-quality instruments that produce beautiful and harmonious sounds.
Alejo
Hey guys,

I'm just writing this post to sey hey guys, literally. I love science in general and I hope to be a neurologist some day, but I'm just here to clear out some doubts about personal concerns and projects for school and that I want to work on my own.
Today I decided to enter this forums since physics can help A LOT when working with music and, especially, luthier(ing? is that even a word?). Anyways, I'm working on a new instrument, pretty cool, and I have doubts that I will post right after I finish this. I mean, like five minutes after, well you get it.

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. Looking forward to learning more about the musical instrument you are building. If it's mostly mechanical, the ME forum may be the best fit for it. If it's mostly electrical or a combination, then the EE forum may be the best fit. :smile:

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. Looking forward to learning more about the musical instrument you are building. If it's mostly mechanical, the ME forum may be the best fit for it. If it's mostly electrical or a combination, then the EE forum may be the best fit. :smile:
Oh man, thanks for that! (I didn't know where to post my doubts and just started a conversation with Greg, hahahah). I will post my ideas and question in there!