Calculate Volume of Gass at Different Pressure & Temperature

In summary, The conversation is about finding the mass and pressure of a cargo moved by a hydraulic piston pump, given the diameter and force. The formula F1/d1^2= F2/d2^2 is mentioned and it's noted that it's easy to find F2 but not the mass and pressure. The formula p = F2/A2 is suggested, with A2 being D^2*Pi / 4, but the question of how to find "d" in A2 is raised. The second question is about the pressure at which NH3 has a density of 1.65g/dm3 at -30C or 243,15K, and the formula pV=nRT is mentioned. The
klebsiella
Hi all ... thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out ...it should be simple , i need some formulas .. for example

1. Find the mass of an cargo that can be moved by using a hydraulic piston pump if D=1,7m and d=400mm=0,4m and force is 300hN. If force goes up by 10% find the pressure and new mass

I remember the main one F1/d1^2= F2/d2^2

It's easy to find F2 but how to find a mass and pressure?

Is pressure p = F2/A2 where A2 is D^2*Pi / 4 ? and how to find this "d" in A2 ?

And second question is on which pressure will NH3 have density of 1.65g/dm3 if temperature is -30C or 243,15K

pV=nRT .. right?

Or how many liters of gass can we get if volume of gass, on temperature of 333,15K and p of 0.7, is 250l.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hint: pistons are usually circular. Think you can find the pressure knowing the diameter of the piston and the applied force?

maybe yes no ?

Related to Calculate Volume of Gass at Different Pressure & Temperature

1. How do I calculate the volume of gas at different pressure and temperature?

To calculate the volume of gas at different pressure and temperature, you can use the ideal gas law equation: V = (nRT)/P. V represents volume, n is the number of moles of the gas, R is the gas constant, T is the temperature in Kelvin, and P is the pressure in atmospheres. Simply plug in the values you have for n, R, T, and P and solve for volume.

2. Can I use different units for pressure and temperature when calculating gas volume?

Yes, as long as you are consistent with your units throughout the calculation. Just make sure to convert your units to the correct form before plugging them into the ideal gas law equation.

3. What is the gas constant and how do I find its value?

The gas constant, denoted by the symbol R, is a constant that relates the properties of a gas to its temperature, pressure, and volume. Its value depends on the units used for pressure, volume, and temperature. In SI units, the value of R is 8.314 J/mol·K. In other unit systems, such as imperial units, R has a different value. You can find the value of R online or in a chemistry reference book.

4. Can I use the ideal gas law for all gases?

No, the ideal gas law is an approximation and only applies to ideal gases, which are gases that have no volume and do not interact with each other. Real gases, on the other hand, have volume and do interact with each other, so the ideal gas law does not accurately describe their behavior. However, the ideal gas law is a good approximation for most gases at low pressures and high temperatures.

5. What are the units for gas volume in the ideal gas law equation?

In the ideal gas law equation, the units for gas volume are typically given in liters (L) or cubic meters (m^3). However, you can use other units for volume as long as they are consistent with the units used for pressure and temperature in the equation.