Calculating Footfall Induced Vibration: Troubleshooting and Tips

In summary, the conversation discussed the importance of effective communication in relationships. The speakers emphasized the need for active listening, expressing emotions, and understanding each other's perspectives. They also talked about how miscommunications can lead to conflicts and how open and honest communication can strengthen a relationship. The conversation concluded with the reminder to always strive for clear and respectful communication in all relationships.
LMW
Homework Statement
Find real responde mode 1
Relevant Equations
How to find the same results as in the book
Hey guys. Im about to learn about footfall induced vibration. However i want to reach the same results as in the pdf page 44 ''design guide for footfall analysis''

i get 0.000726 while they get 5,79E-0,4.

Can anyone help me figure out what im going wrong and where i have made a mistake?

Attachments

• calculations.pdf
    470.2 KB · Views: 91
  • the result i want to attain.PNG
    the result i want to attain.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 62
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure I get how to calculate the ##\mu##. Otherwise, the only error I can find in your calculation is that ##\zeta_m## should be 1.5%, not 0.9%, but this is not sufficient to explain the discrepancy.

What is footfall induced vibration?

Footfall induced vibration refers to the movement or shaking of a structure caused by human footsteps. It is a type of dynamic load that can affect buildings, bridges, and other structures.

What factors contribute to footfall induced vibration?

Several factors can contribute to footfall induced vibration, including the weight and speed of the person walking, the type of flooring material, and the stiffness and natural frequency of the structure.

How does footfall induced vibration affect structures?

Footfall induced vibration can cause discomfort to building occupants, as well as damage to the structure itself. It can lead to fatigue and cracking of structural components, and in extreme cases, structural failure.

How can footfall induced vibration be measured?

Footfall induced vibration can be measured using specialized equipment such as accelerometers, which measure the acceleration of the structure caused by foot traffic. This data can then be analyzed to determine the severity of the vibration.

What are some ways to mitigate footfall induced vibration?

There are several ways to mitigate footfall induced vibration, including using vibration isolators or dampers, increasing the stiffness of the structure, and limiting the weight and speed of foot traffic. Proper design and construction techniques can also help reduce the effects of footfall induced vibration.