Calculation of partial width of decays where gluons decaying to a quark-antiquark pair are involved

VikasRajG
TL;DR Summary
How to calculate/estimate partial decay width of a decay when gluons decaying to a quark-antiquark pair are involved?
How do we normally calculate the partial width Γi for a decay involving gluons.Consider the following example:

feynmanbjks.png
feynmareal.png

in the first example, I know that one can estimate the partial width Γ1 using CKM matrix elements to get "Γ1 is directly proportional to V2cb V2cs
."Now, for the second diagram it is essentially the same but with an additive gluon going to ss¯¯¯

. Ofcourse, the partial width now changes to look like:
"Γ2 is directly proportional to V2cb V2cd
."BUT,this doesn't tell anything on how the gluon changes things. So what I want to know is, how exactly does the ss¯¯¯

pair changing the Γ2
!!!????If there are any sources/articles for this, it would be really helpful as I haven't found much regarding these 3 body decays!

Physics news on Phys.org
What are you looking for exactly? Someone to calculate the matrix element for you?

Have you even read the whole thing?
I know how to calculate the CKM matrix element, I am asking how to consider the gluon to ssbar contribution in decay width!

VikasRajG said:
Have you even read the whole thing?
In am not your servant. Don't treat me like one.

You put a propagator in for the gluon, and T matrices at each colored vertex.

Thank You!
Sorry for that, I was just a bit frustrated.

1. How is the partial width of decays involving gluons calculated?

The partial width of decays involving gluons can be calculated using perturbative QCD techniques. This involves considering the Feynman diagrams for the decay process and calculating the relevant matrix elements and phase space integrals.

2. What role do quark-antiquark pairs play in the decay process?

Gluons can decay into a quark-antiquark pair due to the strong force interactions in quantum chromodynamics (QCD). These quark-antiquark pairs play a crucial role in the decay process and contribute to the overall partial width of the decay.

3. How do gluons decay to quark-antiquark pairs affect the overall decay rate?

The decay of gluons to quark-antiquark pairs can significantly impact the overall decay rate of the process. The partial width of the decay involving gluons is influenced by the branching fraction of gluons decaying into quark-antiquark pairs.

4. Are there any experimental techniques used to study decays involving gluons?

Experimental techniques such as collider experiments and particle detectors are used to study decays involving gluons. By measuring the final state particles and their properties, scientists can infer information about the decay process and the partial width of the decay.

5. What are the implications of calculating the partial width of decays involving gluons?

Calculating the partial width of decays involving gluons is important for understanding the strong force interactions in particle physics. It provides valuable insights into the behavior of quarks and gluons, as well as the dynamics of the decay process.