Can a Bridge Voltage Divider be Used to Calculate Voltage Gain?

In summary, the conversation is about a French-speaking person seeking help with an exercise on voltage gain. They discuss using a bridge voltage divider and compare their teacher's method to their own. They also mention checking their calculation for 1/Zeq and the similarity between their method and their teacher's. The conversation ends with gratitude and a mention of continuing to work on the exercise.
Pablo3
Thread moved from the technical physics forums, so no Homework Help Template is shown.
Good morning,I'm french and I need help for this exercice.
It's a exercice it is an exercise on the voltage gain,and on the first scheme there are the correction of my teatcher,but I but I was wondering if we can't calculate the voltage gain with a bridge voltage divider like I did.(It's in french but only the formula are important).
The second scheme,it's the same thing(the method of my teacher ,and bridge voltage divider),but is it good?
160109064247913760.jpg

160109064312572686.jpg

Likes Merlin3189
Physics news on Phys.org
First diagram: yes. One more step and you can see that the ##V_s\over V_e## ratios are identical !

Second diagram: I don't see what your professeur did ?

But you want to check your ##1\over Z_{eq}## !

Hello,thank you for your help :),so my teacher did not do the second exercise,but I tried to use his methode.
His method is in red on this diagram(or scheme ):
Is-it a question?
No I don't want to check my 1/Zeq,this calculation is right I think but I have not always trusted me.
I must speak better in english to better understand you and write better.
But yes professeur=professor in english :).
16011002031976569.jpg

Method of your professeur does not give 1: numerator and denominator are different.

Time to point out that method of professeur and your method are not different: $$ {V_s\over V_e} = {Z' I_e \over \left ( Z + Z' \right ) I_e} = {Z' \over Z + Z' } $$

Likes Pablo3
Pablo3 said:
No I don't want to check my 1/Zeq, this calculation is right
Of course not$${1\over 2} = {1\over 3} + 0.16667 \Rightarrow 2 = 3 + 6 \ \ \ \ {\rm ?} $$

Likes Pablo3
BvU said:
Of course not$${1\over 2} = {1\over 3} + 0.16667 \Rightarrow 2 = 3 + 6 \ \ \ \ {\rm ?} $$
Yes yes,I have forgot one thing,and to answer your question no that does not mean it,but yes effectively the methods are similar.
Thank you very much !
I wish you a good day :).

Avec plaisir. You're welcome and I'll be glad to look at your result for the (R//C) / (R+C + R//C) case...

Pablo3 said:
Yes yes,I have forgot one thing,and to answer your question no that does not mean it,but yes effectively the methods are similar.
Thank you very much !
I wish you a good day :).
Normally equal to Zeq :
160110041719803814.jpg

So far, so good !

1. What is a bridge voltage divider?

A bridge voltage divider is an electronic circuit that divides a voltage into two or more smaller voltages using a combination of resistors. It is commonly used in electronic circuits to provide a specific voltage level for a component or to measure a voltage.

2. How does a bridge voltage divider work?

A bridge voltage divider works by using a series of resistors connected in a specific configuration. The input voltage is applied to the two ends of the resistor network, and the output voltage is taken from the connection between two resistors. The ratio of the resistances determines the ratio of the input voltage to the output voltage.

3. What are the advantages of using a bridge voltage divider?

One advantage of using a bridge voltage divider is that it allows for precise voltage division without drawing significant current from the source. It also provides a stable output voltage, even when the input voltage fluctuates. Additionally, it is a simple and cost-effective circuit to implement in electronic systems.

4. What are the limitations of a bridge voltage divider?

One limitation of a bridge voltage divider is that it can only divide voltage, not amplify it. The output voltage is always lower than the input voltage, and the maximum output voltage is limited by the supply voltage and the resistance values used in the circuit. Additionally, the output voltage may be affected by changes in temperature and component tolerances.

5. How can I calculate the output voltage of a bridge voltage divider?

The output voltage of a bridge voltage divider can be calculated using the formula Vout = (R2 / (R1 + R2)) * Vin, where R1 and R2 are the two resistors in series and Vin is the input voltage. The output voltage can also be calculated using a voltage divider calculator, which takes into account the resistance values and returns the output voltage based on the input voltage.