Can Anyone Help with These Electrical Engineering Exam Questions?

• Thread starter Sam Newmo
  • Start date
In summary, a 4th year apprentice is seeking help with some questions related to electrical circuits. The first question involves a 3 wire, star connected generator supplying power to a balanced star connected oven. The second question deals with a 3 phase, 11kv/415v transformer operating at .88PF LAG at full load. The third question involves determining the minimum kVa transformer needed for a 3 phase, 400v installation with an MD of 375A per phase. The final question is about calculating the voltage across a 1.5kΩ resistor in a voltage divider network under no load, and what happens to the voltage when the resistor's value increases.
Sam Newmo
Hello all,

A 4th year apprentice here studying like mad for his final exams, have a few questions that have me stumped.

If anybody could please help it would be much obliged!

I have done most of the questions, though it would be good to check against some answers.

Here goes:

1) A 3 wire, star connected generator is supplying a balanced star connected oven. The phase voltage of the generator is 400v. Each phase of the generator is supplying 10A.

a) Phase voltage of the load?
b) Value of line current?
c)Total power consumed by the load?
d) Resistance of each phase of the load?2) A 3 phase,11kv/415v 250kVa transformer operates at .88PF LAG at full load.

a) Determine the full load secondary current?
b) Output power?3) You do a max demand for a 3phase, 400v installation, and determine the MD is 375A per phase. For this load, what is the minimum kVa transformer that may be used?4) A voltage divider network consisting of a 12kΩ and a 1.5kΩ resistor connected across 24v. The output is taken across the 6.8kΩ. (Doesnt make any sense to me? Maybe a spelling mistake in the question?)
Calculate the voltage across the 1.5kΩ resistor under no load?

b) If the value of the 1.5.kΩ resistor rises, what does the voltage across the 6.8kΩ resistor do?Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Sam

Engineering news on Phys.org
Thread closed for Moderation...

Related to Can Anyone Help with These Electrical Engineering Exam Questions?

1. Why is the apprentice struggling?

There could be a variety of reasons for an apprentice's struggle, such as lack of prior knowledge or experience, difficulty understanding the material, or personal issues affecting their learning. It's important to identify the root cause in order to provide effective help.

2. How can I help the struggling apprentice?

The best way to help a struggling apprentice is to provide support and resources tailored to their individual needs. This could include one-on-one tutoring, additional study materials, or breaking down complex concepts into smaller, more manageable chunks.

3. Should I give the apprentice extra work to catch up?

While it may seem counterintuitive, giving an struggling apprentice extra work may not be the most effective solution. It's important to assess the apprentice's current workload and understanding of the material before deciding on any additional assignments.

4. How long will it take for the apprentice to improve?

The length of time it takes for an apprentice to improve can vary greatly depending on the individual and the subject matter. It's important to be patient and consistently provide support and resources, as improvement may not happen overnight.

5. What can I do to prevent future struggles for the apprentice?

To prevent future struggles for the apprentice, it's important to address any underlying issues and provide ongoing support and resources. This could include regular check-ins, setting achievable goals, and creating a positive learning environment.