Can High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound Penetrate Metal?

• Thread starter physior
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ultrasound
In summary, the person is looking to experiment with High-intensity focused ultrasound and wants to know where they can buy a kit to conduct experiments with it. The other person mentions that it may not be possible to buy one, but suggests checking out Maple Leaf Hi-Fu, a Canadian company that operates this technology and can connect them with a machine provider. The first person clarifies that they are interested in the heating effects of HIFU and asks if it can penetrate metal. The other person responds that ultrasonic measurement tools are common for measuring metal thickness but it is not clear how the person wants to experiment with ultrasound.
physior
hello!

I want to experiment with High-intensity focused ultrasound
I want a kit that produces it so that I can conduct experiments with it
do you know where can I buy one?

thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Lol! I don't think you're buying one of these. At least as far as I know.

For the purposes of obliterating cancerous prostate cells, there are only two or three in North America!

Check out Maple Leaf Hi-Fu. They're the only Canadian operators of a proven technology. They can get you in touch with the machine provider.

physior said:
hello!

I want to experiment with High-intensity focused ultrasound
I want a kit that produces it so that I can conduct experiments with it
do you know where can I buy one?

thanks!
It's not clear what sort of experiments you want to perform with ultrasound.

Ultrasonic measurement tools are quite common, especially those used to measure the thickness of metals.

I am interested in the heating effects of HIFUS

can HIFUS penetrate metal?

What is an ultrasound kit?

An ultrasound kit is a set of medical equipment used to perform ultrasound imaging, which uses sound waves to produce images of internal body structures. It typically includes a transducer, ultrasound gel, and a computer or monitor to display the images.

What is the purpose of an ultrasound kit?

The primary purpose of an ultrasound kit is to diagnose medical conditions by producing images of internal body structures. It is commonly used in obstetrics to monitor the development of a fetus, as well as in other areas of medicine such as cardiology, urology, and gastroenterology.

How does an ultrasound kit work?

An ultrasound kit works by emitting high-frequency sound waves from the transducer, which are then reflected back to create an image of the internal structures. The images are produced in real-time, allowing for dynamic visualization of the body.

What are the benefits of using an ultrasound kit?

Using an ultrasound kit has several benefits, including non-invasiveness, portability, and real-time imaging. It also does not expose patients to harmful radiation, making it a safe option for diagnostic imaging.

How do I choose the right ultrasound kit?

Choosing the right ultrasound kit depends on the specific needs and applications of the user. Factors to consider include the type of imaging needed, budget, and desired features such as image quality and portability. It is important to consult with a medical professional or expert to determine the best option for your needs.