Can I Consolidate My Arxiv Papers Under One Author Name?

In summary, the conversation discusses consolidating papers published under different names on the arXiv platform. The person is asking if there is a way to have all their papers show up when their name is clicked on, regardless of which name they were published under. It is mentioned that if the papers were submitted under the same account, they should automatically be linked. However, if someone else submitted the first paper, the author must claim ownership through a password. There is also a public author identifier that can be used to list all papers associated with the account. Despite having claimed ownership of both papers, they are only able to find one when searching for their name. It is explained that this is a feature of arXiv's search software once it
LAHLH
Hi,

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but if you have one paper published under J.Bloggs, and another under Joe Bloggs on the arxiv is there a way to consolidate things such that if someone clicks your name on one paper all papers will come up? or make it so if someone searches for J.Bloggs the Joe Bloggs paper is returned too?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you submitted them under the same account, it should be automatic. If someone else submitted them, she should have given you the password where you can claim authorship.

I don't think there's a way to alter any search results, but if you have all your papers associated with your arXiv account as Vanadium describes, there will be a public author identifier that you can give out that will list all your papers. See http://arxiv.org/help/author_identifiers

Vanadium 50 said:
If you submitted them under the same account, it should be automatic. If someone else submitted them, she should have given you the password where you can claim authorship.

Yes someone else submitted the first one. I went through the claim authorship thing on this paper a few months ago, and now if I log into my account, I can see both articles and it says I 'own' both, and indeed if I click on my identifier which is my name followed by a number, it lists both articles..

Yet still, if I search for J.Bloggs I only get one article, and if I search for Joe Bloggs I get the other, and clicking on my name as written on either article only brings up the one not the other...

Once arxiv knows you're the same person, it's really a feature of its search software.

1. What is the purpose of consolidating arxiv papers?

The purpose of consolidating arxiv papers is to organize and summarize the vast amount of research articles available on the arxiv platform. By consolidating similar papers, readers can easily find and access the most relevant and up-to-date information on a specific topic.

2. How do you determine which papers to consolidate?

The selection of papers to be consolidated is typically based on the topic or subject matter. Papers that have similar research goals, methodologies, or results are often consolidated together to provide a comprehensive overview of the given topic.

3. Can anyone consolidate arxiv papers?

Yes, anyone can consolidate arxiv papers. However, it is recommended that the person consolidating the papers has expertise in the field and is familiar with the arxiv platform to ensure the accuracy and relevance of the consolidation.

4. Is there a specific format for consolidating arxiv papers?

There is no specific format for consolidating arxiv papers. However, it is important to provide clear and concise summaries of each paper and to organize them in a logical manner to make it easy for readers to navigate and understand the consolidated information.

5. How often should arxiv papers be consolidated?

There is no set frequency for consolidating arxiv papers. It ultimately depends on the volume of research articles being published on the platform and the availability of experts to consolidate them. However, it is recommended to periodically review and update consolidated papers to ensure the most current and relevant information is included.