Can I Delete My Physics Forum Account?

• Thread starter lj19
  • Start date
In summary, creating an account on Physics Forum is as simple as clicking on the "Sign Up" button and providing your email address, username, and password. You can change your username by going to your account settings, but keep in mind that your old username will no longer be associated with your account. To reset your password, click on the "Forgot Password" link and follow the instructions in the email that will be sent to you. If you wish to delete your account, go to your account settings and select the option to delete it. Finally, to change your email address, go to your account settings and follow the prompts to update it.
lj19
I've unsuccessfully contacted staff members about this, and was wondering if anyone could help. I wanted to know if it is possible to delete my physics forums account. The main reason I wanted to is because it is interfering with my Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. If anyone could please help me with this, I would be thankful.

Physics news on Phys.org
We can ban your account instead. Send me a confirmation PM if this is your wish.

1. How do I create an account on Physics Forum?

To create an account on Physics Forum, simply click on the "Sign Up" button on the homepage and fill out the required information, such as your email address, username, and password. Once you submit the form, your account will be created and you can start participating in discussions.

2. Can I change my username on Physics Forum?

Yes, you can change your username on Physics Forum by going to your account settings and selecting the option to change your username. Keep in mind that your previous username will no longer be associated with your account and you will need to inform other users of your new username.

3. How do I reset my password for my Physics Forum account?

If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking on the "Forgot Password" link on the login page. You will be prompted to enter your email address and a password reset link will be sent to you. Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.

4. Can I delete my Physics Forum account?

Yes, you can delete your Physics Forum account by going to your account settings and selecting the option to delete your account. Keep in mind that this action is permanent and cannot be undone. Your account and all associated data will be permanently removed from the forum.

5. How can I change my email address on Physics Forum?

To change your email address on Physics Forum, go to your account settings and select the option to change your email address. You will be prompted to enter your new email address and verify it. Once the change is confirmed, your new email address will be associated with your account.