Notification for : Physics Forums | Science Articles, Homework Help, Discussion

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, a user received a notification from Physics Forums, stating that they were already logged in and should click a link to return to the forum list. Upon clicking the link, the same message was displayed again. They then clicked on the link again and were taken to the main forum page, but were unable to find the original forum post. The notification also included a message encouraging users to write an Insight article on the site. However, clicking on a link in the notification sent the user to an unrelated video.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
A notification came to my bell-shaped notification list, for and message said only:
Physics Forums | Science Articles, Homework Help, Discussion
You are already logged in. Please click here to return to the forum list.

I did so click that link also, shown, and the same message as quoted above was given again:
Physics Forums | Science Articles, Homework Help, Discussion
You are already logged in. Please click here to return to the forum list.

MORE: Now I clicked on that "here" link again, and this brought me to the main forum's page. I wish I could see what the original forum post was but can't find where.

• Informative
Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
The message was,

“Bored at home? Pass the time by sharing your knowledge and write an Insight! Write an Insight!

It sent me to a scary place too!

That video has nothing related to physicsforums insights articles.

symbolipoint said:
That video has nothing related to physicsforums insights articles.
::Rimshot!::

1. What is Physics Forums?

Physics Forums is an online community and discussion platform for scientists, researchers, and students to share knowledge, ask questions, and engage in discussions related to various fields of science, including physics, mathematics, engineering, and computer science.

2. How can I get help with my homework or research on Physics Forums?

You can post your questions on the appropriate forum section and our community members will provide assistance and guidance. However, please note that we do not provide direct answers to homework questions, but rather help you understand the concepts and principles behind them.

3. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in discussions on Physics Forums?

Yes, we have a set of community guidelines that all members are expected to follow. These guidelines promote respectful and constructive discussions and prohibit any form of harassment or inappropriate behavior. You can find the guidelines on our website.

4. Can I share my own research or articles on Physics Forums?

Yes, we encourage our members to share their own research, articles, and insights on our platform. You can post them on the appropriate forum section or even publish them on our Science Articles section, where they can reach a wider audience.

5. Is Physics Forums only for professional scientists or can students also participate?

Physics Forums is open to anyone with an interest in science and a desire to learn and engage in discussions. We have a diverse community of professionals, researchers, and students, and all are welcome to join and contribute to our platform.