Deleting my previous post and my account

• Complaint
  • Thread starter Saerryan89
  • Start date
  • Tags
    delete
In summary, the conversation is about a person feeling embarrassed about their posts and wanting to delete them and possibly their account. They are told that per the guidelines, the content and account cannot be deleted upon request, but they can change their username for anonymity. The person expresses frustration and wishes they never joined the forum.
Saerryan89
I feel embarrassed about what I post and I want to delete it. But I can't do it. Is there anyway for me to delete that post or should I ask the admins about deleting it? Also after the post is deleted I want to delete my account if it is possible. Please don't say you can just go away because we all know that it is not the same. (I also want to remove myself from internet as much as I can)

Physics news on Phys.org
Per our guidelines we won't delete your content or account upon request. What we can do is change your username. PM me with an alternative.

So what you are saying is that I have no control over what I post here and I also don't have the ability to delete my own account?

Haldun Bucak said:
So what you are saying is that I have no control over what I post here and I also don't have the ability to delete my own account?
That is correct. As stated in the guidelines what you post here should be seen as permanent and for the greater good. As I said, if it's anonymity you are after there are things we can do like change your username, avatar etc.

Haldun Bucak said:
So what you are saying is that I have no control over what I post here

Sure you have - when you post. Then you can edit your post for some limited time, not sure what it is now (used to be several hours).

and I also don't have the ability to delete my own account?

That's part of the forum rules you agreed to when registering.

Likes mfb
Thanks. I wish I never even joined here in the first place. I will take the anonymity then.

1. Can I delete a post that I have already shared on my account?

Yes, most social media platforms allow users to delete their own posts. Simply go to the post, click on the options or settings button, and select the option to delete. Keep in mind that this action is permanent and cannot be undone.

2. Will deleting my previous posts also delete them from other people's feeds?

Yes, deleting a post will remove it from your account and from other people's feeds. However, if someone has already saved or shared your post, it may still be visible to others.

3. Can I delete my account and all of my previous posts at once?

Yes, most social media platforms have an option to permanently delete your account and all associated posts. However, keep in mind that this action is irreversible and you will not be able to recover your account or posts after deletion.

4. Is there a time limit for deleting a post or account?

No, you can delete a post or account at any time. However, some social media platforms may have a grace period where you can still recover your account or posts after deletion. Make sure to read the platform's terms and conditions for more information.

5. Will deleting my account also delete my personal information from the platform's servers?

Yes, deleting your account will remove all of your personal information from the platform's servers. However, some information, such as messages sent to other users, may still remain on the platform's servers even after account deletion. It is best to check the platform's privacy policy for more information.