Can Mathematica Automatically Show the Origin Point When Plotting?

In summary, the "Show Origin" option in Mathematica plot allows the origin point (0,0) to be displayed on the plot, which can be useful for visualizing the relationship between the data points and the origin. To enable this option, the command "Show[plot, AxesOrigin-> {0,0}]" can be used. The appearance of the origin point can also be customized using the "AxesOriginStyle" option. To remove the origin point, the command "Show[plot, AxesOrigin-> None]" can be used, and the specific location of the origin point can be specified using the "AxesOrigin" option.
iiternal
Hi,
Does anybody know how I can let Mathematica show the origin point when plotting?

Usually, it labels the axes with numbers but not the origin. I have to use Tick{} to let it show origin. But who knows how I can have it show automatically?

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can always use SetOptions to set the default option for Tick according to your preference.

Related to Can Mathematica Automatically Show the Origin Point When Plotting?

1. What is the "Show Origin" option in Mathematica plot?

The "Show Origin" option in Mathematica plot is a setting that allows the origin point (0,0) to be displayed on the plot. This can be useful for visualizing the relationship between the data points and the origin.

2. How do I enable the "Show Origin" option in Mathematica plot?

To enable the "Show Origin" option in Mathematica plot, you can use the command "Show[plot, AxesOrigin-> {0,0}]", where "plot" is the name of your plot. This will display the origin point on your plot.

3. Can I customize the appearance of the origin point on my plot?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the origin point by using the "AxesOriginStyle" option. This allows you to change the color, shape, and size of the origin point to suit your preferences.

4. How do I remove the origin point from my plot?

To remove the origin point from your plot, you can use the command "Show[plot, AxesOrigin-> None]". This will hide the origin point while still preserving the axes in the plot.

5. Is it possible to show the origin point in a specific location on the plot?

Yes, you can specify the exact coordinates of the origin point by using the "AxesOrigin" option. For example, you can use "AxesOrigin-> {2,5}" to display the origin point at coordinates (2,5) on the plot.