Can someone check my answer please? It's about a parallel circuit

In summary, a parallel circuit is a type of electrical circuit where the current flows through multiple branches. To determine if a circuit is parallel, look at how the devices are connected - if they are side-by-side, it is a parallel circuit. The purpose of a parallel circuit is to allow multiple devices to operate independently on the same power source. To calculate total resistance, add up the reciprocals of each individual resistance and then take the reciprocal of that sum. In a parallel circuit, if one branch is broken, the current will still flow through the other branches unaffected.
MissP.25_5
Hi again, I just need someone to confirm my answer. Thanks in advance.

Find the impedance Z and power supply voltage E.

Attachments

• IMG_4414.jpg
    IMG_4414.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 380
  • 3c.jpg
    3c.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 414
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, your work looks fine.

Likes 1 person

Related to Can someone check my answer please? It's about a parallel circuit

1. What is a parallel circuit?

A parallel circuit is a type of electrical circuit where the current flows through multiple branches. This means that the devices or components in the circuit are connected side by side, allowing the current to flow through each branch separately.

2. How do I know if my circuit is a parallel circuit?

You can determine if a circuit is parallel by looking at the way the devices or components are connected. If they are connected in a side-by-side manner, rather than in a series, it is a parallel circuit.

3. What is the purpose of a parallel circuit?

The purpose of a parallel circuit is to allow multiple devices to operate independently on the same power source. This is useful when you want each device to have its own current and voltage, rather than sharing it with other devices in the circuit.

4. How do I calculate the total resistance in a parallel circuit?

The total resistance in a parallel circuit is calculated by adding up the reciprocals of each individual resistance and then taking the reciprocal of that sum. In other words, 1/total resistance = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 + ...

5. What happens to the current in a parallel circuit if one of the branches is broken?

If one of the branches in a parallel circuit is broken, the current will still continue to flow through the other branches. This is because each branch in a parallel circuit acts like its own individual circuit, so a break in one branch does not affect the flow of current in the others.