Can You Ace This Quick and Dirty IQ Test?

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Iq Test
In summary: The test thinks it's Hindi. It's not, it's Arabic, by a factor of 4. I suspect the author might be thinking that "widely spoken" means "is official language of the most countries". If so, he's using a truly useless metric and being asinine about it.Your IQ Is 145
Physics news on Phys.org
I failed the test...95. I guessed on all the vocab questions and that was my highest score.

It was quick (sort of) but what was so dirty about it? :confused: It says I'm a mathematical genius! ( :smile: )

Edit: Btw, I got 120.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I got a 95 too...I think this test it wrong

Very fun.

I got a 125. Logic was below ave. Verbal was exceptional. Math was genius. General was ave.

Paden Roder

I don't find any dirty thing about this test! Perhaps dirty means wrong here.

As is typical, the test is plain wrong. It marked me down for saying Arabic was the least spoken language (it thinks its Hindi); apparently the testmaker didn't bother to check his facts.

To be bitterly cynical, anyone who puts any value on this kind of test deserves to spend their life worrying about a random number.

Lisa! said:
I don't find any dirty thing about this test! Perhaps dirty means wrong here.
Oh, okay. 9 10

Funny that ...
Apparently everyone's logical inteligence is below average.

Rach3 said:
As is typical, the test is plain wrong. It marked me down for saying Arabic was the least spoken language (it thinks its Hindi); apparently the testmaker didn't bother to check his facts.

To be bitterly cynical, anyone who puts any value on this kind of test deserves to spend their life worrying about a random number.
:biggrin:
Sure! It's just for fun. And I checked Hindi as the least spoken language and I guess that was true.

Yeah, I sucked too.
Your IQ Is 110

iq.gif

Your Logical Intelligence is Below Average
Your Verbal Intelligence is Exceptional
Your Mathematical Intelligence is Exceptional
Your General Knowledge is Above Average

Last edited:
Rach3 said:

What the hell, I thought it was Chinese.

Ah come on people! Post your scores.

Mine is :

Your IQ Is 135

Your Verbal Intelligence is Exceptional

Your Mathematical Intelligence is Genius

Your General Knowledge is Genius
:-p

Oh, I thought it asked for most.

Rach3 said:
Where do you check the answers?

Come on people! I am sure the true answer is Hindi according to this test.

And it's broken at that. I've verified step by step that every one of my answers is the one it thinks is right, and it still gives me a "below average" on logic intelligence. (The number it gives is 140).

IT's CRAP. Said I had an IQ of 135. What an INSULT!

Lisa! said:
Come on people! I am sure the true answer is Hindi according to this test.

The test thinks it's Hindi. It's not, it's Arabic, by a factor of 4. I suspect the author might be thinking that "widely spoken" means "is official language of the most countries". If so, he's using a truly useless metric and being asinine about it.

Rach3 said:
The test thinks it's Hindi. It's not, it's Arabic, by a factor of 4. I suspect the author might be thinking that "widely spoken" means "is official language of the most countries". If so, he's using a truly useless metric and being asinine about it.
I also thought that meant official language!:blushing:

The test answers are (in white):

BBCCA CCACB CDCAB C

You can verify this by changing one answer and checking how it effects your score (make sure to hit 'submit'). 16 is wrong, of course. And the score system is broken - top score is 140 with 'below average' for logical intelligence. Some sort of joke I guess.

Lisa! said:
I also thought that meant official language!:blushing:

Usually "widely spoken" is a collquial way to say "lots of people speak it". The only meaningful metric is simply, how many people are fluent in it? The author thinks this is wrong, and prefers to count by political divisions, thereby putting the entire population subcontinent of India on equal footing with the Vatican and their Latin mass.

According to this test my IQ dropped about 40 points because of the test.

Am I missing something here? As far as I know Bush's been president since 1998. So he served in 20, eh?

Your IQ Is 140

iq.gif

Your Verbal Intelligence is Genius
Your General Knowledge is Genius

I'm smart again!

Lisa! said:
Am I missing something here? As far as I know Bush's been president since 1998. So he served in 20, eh?
I would have to say yes.

Rach3 said:

I get:
Chinese ~ 1,000 million
Hindi ~ 400 million
English ~ 300 million
Arabic ~ 200 million

Which certainly isn't a factor of 4. If the data for that question is, say 40 years old, then the order would almost certainly be different.

As a bonus, 'chinese' isn't really a spoken language - for the question, Mandarin would have been a much better choice.

Exactly the same as MK, even the comments.

However in a real IQ test you would get or lose marks according to how fast you answered the questions, because in any test of IQ, speed of thought is a factor of intelligence, but then it is just for fun :smile: Something even less accurate than a real IQ test :smile:

Last edited:
hmmm... our Logical Intelligence is below avarage because of taking thsi test?:bugeye:

NateTG said:
I get:
Chinese ~ 1,000 million
Hindi ~ 400 million
English ~ 300 million
Arabic ~ 200 million

Which certainly isn't a factor of 4.
800 million around the world, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindi. No point in restricting Hindi-speakers to India, anymore than Spanish-speakers to Spain, or English-Speakers to the UK.

Bush won the Presidency in 2000 and became President in January, 2001.

daveb said:
Bush won the Presidency in 2000 and became President in January, 2001.
Thanks!:smile:

Your IQ Is 120

Your Verbal Intelligence is Above Average

Your General Knowledge is Exceptional

How on Earth is my logical below avg and my verbal above avg? I am offended by this test!

rocketboy said:
Your IQ Is 120

How on Earth is my logical below avg and my verbal above avg? I am offended by this test!
THis test is really dirty!:biggrin:

rocketboy said:
Your IQ Is 120

The test is a hoax. It gives the "below average" logical intelligence no matter how you do. Also one of the answers is incorrect. Read the rest of this thread.