Can you say the name of the colour?(Test)

• Thread starter kraphysics
  • Start date
In summary, the test is easy if you do it the backwards way, and most people struggle with the forward way.
kraphysics
I found this test online that supposedly tests if one is right or left brained. The test goes like this: If you manage to say the name of the colour easily and not the word, you are right brained and if you can't, you're left brained.
Here is the test: http://www.fireworkspop.com/colortest.htm

I found it really easy. I got 100% but was surprised to find out that apparently none of my friends could do well on it.

I think the above test might be too easy. A better one is here: http://www.clevelandseniors.com/images/funny/colortest-450.jpg
Can you say the name of the colour reading the list without messing up? I can do it really easily and fast!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Easy. I got 100%.

I got 88%, and cannot read through that image coherently in one breadth.

Wow I did really bad

I don't like that test :)

What about if you read the word and select the option which is NOT that word? I didn't even bother with the colors

Office_Shredder said:
What about if you read the word and select the option which is NOT that word? I didn't even bother with the colors

But it should such that you see color not read the word. I could get 100% but I had to think for a second before clicking on the right answer.

Great test! Once I actually read the instructions I got 100%.

Has anyone succeeded in getting 0%?
:smile:

I like Serena said:
I was headed there until I realized I wasn't following directions. :redface: Of course I just woke up and haven't even had my coffee yet.

"Go left, NO, your OTHER left!

I like Serena said:
I made an Evo Flaw on my first attempt, and got 0%.
Then I read the instructions and got 88%

First I made 0% by doing things the evo-way, the second time I managed to get 100%. I didn't even bother with colors, I simply selected the answer that was not the word..

I like Serena said:
Yes.

The first test is too easy. Try the second link and see if you guys can say the name of the colours without messing up even once! Most people have trouble with that test.

That second test, its much easier if you do it backwards. Going forward, if you can look at the last letter of each word, or look at one portion of one of the letters, its easy. The trouble begins when you read the word (despite trying not to) as you look at the word.

I managed to get 88% without reading instructions .. I didn't know what I was doing (I wasn't consistent in my answers, I answered like 1 or 2 questions with words and then I started answering rest with color)!

i get 100%, but i have to switch my thinking from reading to recognizing the color

Related to Can you say the name of the colour?(Test)

1. Can you explain why we cannot say the name of a color?

The ability to name colors is a learned skill that requires both language and perception. When we see a color, our eyes send signals to our brain which then interprets the information and allows us to recognize and name the color. However, some individuals may have difficulty with this process due to neurological or developmental reasons.

2. Is there a specific age at which children are able to accurately name colors?

The ability to name colors typically emerges in children between the ages of 2 and 3 years old. However, this can vary depending on individual development and exposure to color naming.

3. Can colorblind individuals say the name of a color they cannot see?

Yes, colorblind individuals can still learn and use color names, even if they have difficulty distinguishing certain colors. They may rely on other visual cues or context to identify colors.

4. Are there any cultural or language differences in color naming?

Yes, different cultures and languages may have different color categories and naming conventions. For example, some languages may have fewer color terms than others, or may group certain colors together that are considered distinct in other cultures.

5. Can a person's emotional state affect their ability to name colors?

Yes, research has shown that a person's emotional state can influence their perception and naming of colors. For example, individuals who are feeling anxious or depressed may have difficulty accurately identifying colors compared to those who are in a neutral or positive emotional state.