Can't decide to choose the MSC programs in Physics

In summary, the student is unsure of which program to choose to study about time, space, and quantum fields. They are looking for advice from others.
Atbuar
Hi everyone,

I m a senior student in undergraduate level in physics. Probably, i will start my Msc next semester. So i started to think about the programs in physics. First of all i want to give some information about my education and my desires. All of my restricted elective courses were about astrophysics. I took them because i love space. Actually i m happy about to took these course but i believe that astrophysics is not my area. I want to think about time, struggle about time. I also want to think about quantum fields and space. My first desire is time, of course. However, i do not know which program i need to choose to study about time-space-quantum together :/ please help me..

appreciate for your answers..

Physics news on Phys.org
So all you know now is that you don't want to do astrophysics, but you "want to work with time". You're really going to need to be more specific.

Atbuar said:
Hi everyone,

I m a senior student in undergraduate level in physics. Probably, i will start my Msc next semester. So i started to think about the programs in physics. First of all i want to give some information about my education and my desires. All of my restricted elective courses were about astrophysics. I took them because i love space. Actually i m happy about to took these course but i believe that astrophysics is not my area. I want to think about time, struggle about time. I also want to think about quantum fields and space. My first desire is time, of course. However, i do not know which program i need to choose to study about time-space-quantum together :/ please help me..

appreciate for your answers..

Talk to your local faculty and see if you can find something you like from the menu.

thank you for your answers. Yeap i know that i need to be more specific but physics is a huge world. Thus i feel like getting lost in it. Actually, i asked myself " why i need to be focus on one topic or subject or program. " I can not choose one program because i know my mind stay with others. Every program has at least one topic which i like. So i can not decide one of them because i know that i won't like the whole topics in the program. I hope u can understant what i mean.

1. What are the job opportunities after completing an MSC program in Physics?

Completing an MSC program in Physics can lead to various job opportunities in fields such as research, education, engineering, and data analysis. Graduates can work in industries such as aerospace, defense, energy, and healthcare. They can also pursue careers in academia as professors or researchers.

2. How long does it take to complete an MSC program in Physics?

The duration of an MSC program in Physics varies depending on the university and the specific program. Generally, it takes around 1-2 years to complete the coursework and research requirements. Some universities offer part-time options, which can extend the duration of the program.

3. What are the prerequisites for an MSC program in Physics?

Most MSC programs in Physics require applicants to have a bachelor's degree in physics or a related field. Some universities may also require applicants to have a strong background in mathematics and other science courses. Additionally, applicants may need to submit GRE scores and letters of recommendation.

4. Is it necessary to have a background in physics to pursue an MSC program in Physics?

While having a background in physics can be helpful, it is not always necessary to pursue an MSC program in Physics. Some universities offer preparatory courses for students with a non-physics background. However, having a strong foundation in mathematics and other sciences can be beneficial for success in the program.

5. What is the difference between an MSC program in Physics and a PhD program in Physics?

An MSC program in Physics is a master's level program, while a PhD program is a doctorate level program. MSC programs typically focus on coursework and may include a research component, while PhD programs are more research-intensive. Students in an MSC program may go on to pursue a PhD to further specialize in a specific area of physics.