Can't detach shaver head (Beurer HR 8000)

• Thread starter Swamp Thing
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Head
In summary, the Beurer HR 8000 (rotary) shaver head is supposed to be detachable and can be swapped with an alternate accessory. However, despite trying, the speaker was unable to remove the head and is asking for advice from others who may have this model. They also mention watching a YouTube video where the person is struggling to detach the head and another where it looks easy but doesn't work for them. The manual suggests holding the head firmly on two sides and removing it with a sharp tug, but the speaker notes that pressing on a specific spot does not work for them.
Swamp Thing
Insights Author
The shaver head in the Beurer HR 8000 (rotary) is supposed to be detachable, so you can swap it with a supplied alternate accessory. But try as I might, I just could't take it off. Does anyone have this model, and have they managed to detach the head?

This guy seems to have to struggle a bit, too... [05:40]

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you looked for a YouTube video that shows it? I'm amazed how I can usually find a YT video that shows exactly what I'm having trouble with...

One video I have linked to in my post. The guy seems to be bracing his arms against his stomach and pulling really hard, which happens off screen.

The manual says, "The shaver head must be held firmly on two sides and removed with a sharp tug".

There is a place (with parallel lines stamped in) where you have to press with your thumb, but it doesn't budge.

This is another video where it looks quite easy, but it doesn't work for me: [01:50]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OWR-L_CmgY&t=110s

1. Why can't I detach the shaver head on my Beurer HR 8000?

There could be a few reasons why you are having trouble detaching the shaver head. First, make sure that you are following the proper instructions for detaching the head, as it may require a specific method. Additionally, the shaver head may be stuck due to build-up of hair or debris, so try cleaning it thoroughly before attempting to detach it again. If the issue persists, there may be a mechanical issue with the shaver and you should contact the manufacturer for assistance.

2. Is it safe to force the shaver head off if it won't detach?

No, it is not safe to force the shaver head off. This can potentially damage the shaver and may also cause injury to yourself. If the shaver head is not detaching easily, it is best to stop and troubleshoot the issue or seek assistance from the manufacturer.

3. Can I use any type of cleaning solution to clean the shaver head?

It is recommended to use the cleaning solution that is specifically designed for your Beurer HR 8000 shaver. Using other cleaning solutions may damage the shaver or cause it to malfunction. If you do not have the recommended cleaning solution, you can try using a mild soap and water solution instead.

4. How often should I detach and clean the shaver head?

The frequency of cleaning the shaver head will depend on how often you use the shaver and the type of hair you are shaving. It is generally recommended to clean the shaver head after every use to maintain its performance and prevent build-up of hair and debris. However, if you have a thicker beard or use the shaver less frequently, you may be able to clean the shaver head every few uses.

5. Can I detach the shaver head while the shaver is still on?

No, it is not recommended to detach the shaver head while the shaver is still on. This can be dangerous and may also damage the shaver. Always make sure the shaver is turned off and unplugged before attempting to detach the shaver head.