Celebrate World Animal Day: Pet Your Pet!

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pet
In summary, today is World Animal Day and some churches celebrate it with an "animal blessing." The conversation also touches on how people are treating their pets on this day, with some giving extra cuddles and treats, while others are receiving gifts from organizations like the WWF. There is also some playful banter about whether or not pet owners should be "hanged" if they haven't treated their pets extra special on this day.
Andre
So did your kittie get an extra hug today and the pup an extra bone? After all , it's World Animal Day today.

I'm a bit perplexed that this seems the first thread ever in GD mentioning it.

Cuddling Pebbles and Gizmo. Hmmm, time for anti flea drops.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here, some churches celebrate this day with an "animal blessing". You bring in your animal, and the guy in the front of the room wearing the robe will give it a blessing.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/10/04/1367669/blessing-all-gods-critters-even.html

In that article, even a sloth is brought into be blessed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy animal's day little Pebbles and Gizmo... Extra cuddle Gizmo for me Andre! :biggrin:

Gizmo tells that he is honored, in between hunting spiders. :tongue:

Duke has had visits with my father, and with the neighbors today, and lots of treats, too. Not because of an official day, but because he's my guy.

I haven't tormented my cat today. Does that count?

dlgoff said:
I haven't tormented my cat today. Does that count?

... You should be hanged in this day! :biggrin:

My wife and I got a big thank-you and our yearly calendar from the WWF today. We'll have to give another donation - our neighbor's little girls will love the matching WWF aluminum water bottles that WWF offers as a "gift" for an additional donation.

Freija is spoilt enough.

Do slaves celebrate Master's Day?

Jelly got a mani pedi at the vet this morning. (No toenail polish - we like the natural look).

1. What is World Animal Day?

World Animal Day is an international day of action for animal rights and welfare celebrated annually on October 4th. It aims to raise awareness and promote the protection and welfare of all animals, including pets.

2. How do I participate in World Animal Day?

There are many ways to participate in World Animal Day, such as volunteering at a local animal shelter, donating to animal welfare organizations, or simply spreading awareness on social media. One simple way to celebrate is by spending quality time with your own pet and showing them love and affection.

3. Why is it important to celebrate World Animal Day?

Celebrating World Animal Day is important because it brings attention to the plight of animals and the importance of their welfare. It also encourages people to take action and make a positive difference in the lives of animals, both domestic and wild.

4. Can I celebrate World Animal Day with any type of pet?

Yes, World Animal Day is a celebration for all animals, so you can celebrate with any type of pet you have, whether it's a dog, cat, bird, or even a fish. The important thing is to show love and appreciation for your pet and all animals on this day.

5. How can I show my pet love on World Animal Day?

There are many ways to show your pet love on World Animal Day, such as taking them for a walk, playing with them, giving them treats, or even just spending quality time with them. You can also show love by ensuring their basic needs are met and providing them with a safe and loving home.