Changing the caption font to Times New Roman in pdfLatex

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter amjad-sh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Font
In summary, to change the font of figure captions to Times New Roman, first include the fontspec package in the document declarations. Then, specify the roman font using \setromanfont{Times New Roman}. If the font is not installed on the system, it can be defined using specific font files. Sources for this process can be found on Overleaf and the TeX Users Group website.
amjad-sh
Hello,
I want to change the font of the captions of the figures in my document into Times New Roman.
Anybody has an idea how to achieve this?
I spent a long time searching for it on internet but didn't find a clear answer.

Physics news on Phys.org
Likes amjad-sh and Greg Bernhardt

What is pdfLatex?

pdfLatex is a tool used for generating PDF documents from LaTeX source files. It combines the functionality of LaTeX with the PDF output format, making it easier to create high-quality documents.

How do I change the caption font to Times New Roman in pdfLatex?

To change the caption font to Times New Roman in pdfLatex, you can use the \usepackage{caption} command in your LaTeX document's preamble. Then, use the \captionsetup{font=times} command to set the font for captions to Times New Roman.

Is Times New Roman the best font for captions in pdfLatex?

Times New Roman is a popular and widely used font for captions in pdfLatex. However, the best font for captions ultimately depends on personal preference and the specific requirements of your document.

Can I use other fonts besides Times New Roman for captions in pdfLatex?

Yes, you can use other fonts for captions in pdfLatex. Simply replace "times" in the \captionsetup{font=times} command with the name of the font you want to use. Make sure the font is installed on your computer and that you have the necessary LaTeX packages to support it.

Do I need any special packages to change the caption font to Times New Roman in pdfLatex?

No, you do not need any special packages to change the caption font to Times New Roman in pdfLatex. However, you may need to install the caption package if it is not already included in your LaTeX distribution.