Choosing the Right CFD Textbook for Working with Fluent

In summary, the person is an undergraduate student who needs help finding a good CFD textbook for working with Fluent. They have found some options on Amazon but are also looking for recommendations. They have received a suggestion for a paper by Thomas Pulliam and would appreciate any additional notes or resources.
gholamghar
hello
i am an undergraduate student and i have to do my project with "Fluent".
but i have not worked with Fluent before and i am told that before working
with fluent i should read some cfd texts.
so i was wondering if anybody could help me to choose the right cfd textbook for working
with fluent.
these are some books i have found by searching in amazon:

Fundamentals of Computational Fluid Dynamics, Harvard Lomax and Thomas H. Pulliam

Computational Fluid Dynamics, john d.anderson

Computational Fluid Dynamics, klaus A.hoffman

COMPUTATIONAL FLUID DYNAMICS:PRINCIPLES AND APPLICATIONS, J. Blazek

COMPUTATIONAL METHODS FOR FLUID DYNAMICS, J.H.Ferziger

Introduction to computational fluid dynamics.The finite volume method , H.K. Versteeg

i really appreciate if anybody could guide me throught choosing the right book.
thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
One of the best introductions to CFD is a paper written by (as you mentioned) Thomas Pulliam. He wrote it while writing ARC2D, a structured, curvilinear, implicit solver. Best of all, it's free! He has the pdf on his personal website, definitely check it out.

Beyond that, anything by Anderson will be good (I have Computational Fluid Mechanics, which isn't quite as good as some of his other stuff). I also have about 120 pages of unedited, unfinished notes which I could send you, which goes a WIDE range of topics, intended to be an introduction to CFD.

thanks for answer.i downloaded pulliam book and i looked throught it,there was a
short chapter about finite volume(fluent is based on finite volume) i read it and it was
very helpful for a non-knower of cfd,so i really thank you MINGER,and i really appreciate
if you could send me the notes,(hootanatooh@yahoo.com)

so much thanks for great help

1. What are the important factors to consider when choosing a CFD textbook for working with Fluent?

When choosing a CFD textbook for Fluent, it is important to consider the level of detail, practical applications, and compatibility with your specific Fluent version. Additionally, the author's experience and teaching style should also be taken into account.

2. How can I determine the level of detail in a CFD textbook for Fluent?

The level of detail can usually be determined by looking at the table of contents and chapter summaries. A good textbook should cover the fundamentals of CFD and also provide in-depth explanations of Fluent specific features and techniques.

3. Can I use a CFD textbook for Fluent with any version of the software?

No, it is important to check the compatibility of the textbook with your specific version of Fluent. The software is constantly evolving, so a textbook for an older version may not cover all the features and updates of your current version.

4. How do I ensure that a CFD textbook for Fluent includes practical applications?

Look for textbooks that include real-world examples and case studies. This will help you understand how to apply the concepts and techniques to actual engineering problems.

5. Is the author's experience and teaching style important when choosing a CFD textbook for Fluent?

Yes, the author's experience and teaching style can greatly impact your learning experience. Look for textbooks written by authors with a strong background in CFD and Fluent, and consider their teaching style to determine if it aligns with your learning preferences.