Classical mechanics changing mass

In summary, The speaker is a student in physics and electricity engineering who is struggling with understanding the concept of changing mass material. They are seeking tips and learning materials for both this subject and a Classical mechanics course they are currently taking since they received a low grade on an exam. They apologize for their English and provide a link to a Wikipedia page for reference. They clarify that they are only looking for English materials.
barak
hey there, i need your help, I am a student in physics and electricity engineering, and i have a bit of a problem with the changing mass materiel, well in first look he's pretty easy but i want to learn how to create my own equations and I am never getting the same result.

so ill be glad if someone have any good material to read about this subject, and if anyone have tips, learning material for Classical mechanics course ill be glad, ill just mention this test getting like 70% F ,so any tips will be great:) thank you all' and I am sorry for my lame english.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
What courses are you taking now?

The phrase "changing mass materiel" is unfamiliar. Can you give an example of problem involving this?

Last edited:
For the class materials that you are talking about, if they are books then perhaps there's an English version that people here are familiar with. If it's class notes then you'll have to translate them because our forum deals strictly in English as there are many posters here from many nations contributing with English as the common ground for posts.

i forgot to put the link , sorry for the confusion. if i wasnt clear enough (sorry) I am looking only for english materials.
thx

1. How does mass affect classical mechanics?

The mass of an object affects its inertia, which is the resistance to changes in motion. In classical mechanics, the greater the mass, the greater the inertia, making it harder to accelerate or decelerate the object.

2. Can an object's mass change in classical mechanics?

According to the law of conservation of mass, mass cannot be created or destroyed in classical mechanics. It can only be transferred or transformed into different forms.

3. How does changing mass affect force in classical mechanics?

According to Newton's second law of motion, force is directly proportional to mass and acceleration. Therefore, if the mass of an object changes, the force required to accelerate or decelerate it will also change.

4. Can a change in mass affect an object's momentum in classical mechanics?

Yes, mass is a key component of an object's momentum, which is calculated by multiplying mass and velocity. Therefore, a change in mass will directly affect the object's momentum.

5. Does the concept of mass change in different systems of classical mechanics?

No, the concept of mass remains the same in all systems of classical mechanics. However, the units used to measure mass may vary depending on the system being used.