Classical Mechanics Exercises from MIT: Solutions Included

In summary, classical mechanics is a branch of physics focused on the motion of objects and the forces acting on them, based on Newton's laws of motion and gravitation. The exercises from MIT provide a comprehensive set of problems and solutions for students to practice and reinforce their understanding of classical mechanics. They are suitable for beginners with a basic understanding of calculus and physics and can be used to prepare for exams. Solutions are included for all exercises, allowing for checking of answers and learning from the worked-out solutions.
RFeynman
Can someone give me the link to MIT exercises of classical mechanics, please?
I found a lot of links, but I can’t find exercises and the solutions also.
Thank you very much!

Physics news on Phys.org
We don't give links to homework solutions. MIT's open courseware site is easy to search.

Thread closed.

1. What is classical mechanics?

Classical mechanics is a branch of physics that deals with the motion of objects and the forces acting on them. It is based on the laws of motion and gravitation set forth by Isaac Newton in the 17th century.

2. How are these exercises from MIT helpful?

These exercises from MIT provide a comprehensive set of problems and solutions for students to practice and reinforce their understanding of classical mechanics. They are an excellent resource for self-study or as additional practice for students taking a classical mechanics course.

3. Are these exercises suitable for beginners?

While some prior knowledge of calculus and physics is recommended, these exercises are designed to be accessible to students with a basic understanding of classical mechanics. They start with simpler problems and gradually increase in difficulty, making them suitable for beginners.

4. Can I use these exercises to prepare for exams?

Yes, these exercises are a great way to prepare for exams. They cover a wide range of topics and difficulty levels, allowing students to test their knowledge and identify areas that require further study.

5. Are the solutions included for all exercises?

Yes, the solutions are included for all exercises in this MIT course. This allows students to not only check their answers but also learn from the worked-out solutions and understand the problem-solving process.