Cleaning My Car Glass that damaged from Phosphate plant

In summary, a worker at a phosphate plant is experiencing damage to their car's glass due to chemical fumes from the process area. They are seeking help to find a chemical compound to clean the glass, but are told that cleaning will not work because the glass is corroded and needs to be replaced. However, the worker is advised to try using glass polish and a drill with a polishing ball to improve the situation.
ahmadnahla
Hello Gentlemen,

I am working In phosphate plant with a lot of chemical fumes produced from the Process area.

Due to Iodine and Florine gases, my car glass is damaged (corrosion) and i barley can see while I am going home.:frown:

Please help me to find any Chemical Compound that helps to clean my car Glass.

Thank you in Advance:smile:

Chemistry news on Phys.org
As you say, the glass is not dirty, it's damaged. Cleaning only works if it's dirty. You need to replace it.

Thanks for your Reply,,

you mean It cannot be cleaned ?? because its corroded only not actually damaged

I'm just going by what you are telling me. If you are telling me it's not dirty, it's damaged, I'm going to reply that cleaning it isn't the answer.

ahmadnahla said:
its corroded only not actually damaged

Corroded means its surface is etched, that's damaged by me.

Get some glass polish (or jewelers rouge), a drill and polishing ball. Mother's or MaGuires makes both. Do not stay in one place very long or you will distort the glass. You will probably not get all of the etching out, but you can improve on the situation.

Likes CalcNerd

1. How do I remove phosphate plant residue from my car glass?

To remove phosphate plant residue from your car glass, start by washing the glass with a mixture of warm water and mild soap. Then, use a glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth to scrub the residue off. If the residue is still present, you can use a mixture of white vinegar and water to dissolve it. Rinse the glass thoroughly with clean water and dry it with a clean cloth.

2. Can the damage caused by phosphate plant residue be repaired?

In most cases, yes, the damage caused by phosphate plant residue can be repaired. If the residue has etched into the glass, a professional glass repair service may be needed to fix it. However, if the residue is only on the surface, it can usually be removed with the cleaning methods mentioned in question 1.

3. What precautions should I take when cleaning phosphate plant residue from my car glass?

When cleaning phosphate plant residue from your car glass, it is important to wear gloves and protective eyewear to avoid direct contact with the residue. It is also recommended to work in a well-ventilated area to avoid inhaling any fumes from the cleaning products.

4. How can I prevent my car glass from being damaged by phosphate plants in the future?

To prevent your car glass from being damaged by phosphate plants, you can try to avoid parking your car near these plants. If that is not possible, you can invest in a car cover to protect your car from the residue. Regularly cleaning your car glass can also help prevent any build-up of residue.

5. Can using a power washer remove phosphate plant residue from my car glass?

No, using a power washer is not recommended for removing phosphate plant residue from car glass. The high pressure from the power washer can actually cause more damage to the glass and may not effectively remove the residue. Stick to using gentle cleaning methods, such as those mentioned in question 1, to avoid further damage to your car glass.