Clear Variables on TI-89 to Solve ODEs

In summary, the TI-89 can solve ODEs and the arbitrary constants are represented as @1, @2, @3, etc. Each time a new ODE is input, the next constants are used (@4, @5, etc.). To clear them and go back to using @1, @2, etc., go to Clean-Up and select "New Problem" and hit Enter. This will clear all previous variables. There used to be a sub forum for math software, but it is no longer available.
refind
So the TI-89 can solve ODEs and the arbitrary constants show up as @1, @2, @3, etc.
Every time I put in a new ODE it uses the next constants @4,@5 etc. How do I clear them to get back to @1,@2 again?

There used to be a sub forum here on math software etc. but I cannot find it now so I posted it here in the general discussion area.

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
Check here:

http://www.calcblog.com/clearing-variables-on-ti-89-ti-92-voyage-200/

That's not it, however I have figured it out. You go to Clean-Up and then chose "New Problem" and hit Enter. Apparently that clears it.
If someone finds this thread on google then that's how you do it folks!

1. What is the purpose of clearing variables on TI-89 when solving ODEs?

Clearing variables on TI-89 is important when solving ODEs because it ensures that the calculator is not using any previously stored values that may interfere with the current problem. This helps to prevent errors and ensures accurate results.

2. How do I clear variables on TI-89?

To clear variables on TI-89, press the F2 button followed by the F1 button. This will open the "Clean Up" menu where you can select the option to clear all variables. You can also individually clear specific variables by selecting them from the menu.

3. Will clearing variables on TI-89 delete all my saved data?

No, clearing variables on TI-89 will only clear the values of the variables used in calculations. It will not delete any saved data such as programs or other stored information.

4. What happens if I do not clear variables on TI-89 before solving ODEs?

If you do not clear variables on TI-89 before solving ODEs, the calculator may use previously stored values in its calculations, leading to incorrect results. This is why it is important to always clear variables before solving equations.

5. Can I use the "Clean Up" menu to clear variables while in the middle of solving an ODE?

Yes, you can access the "Clean Up" menu at any time during a calculation to clear variables. However, it is recommended to clear variables before beginning the calculation to avoid any errors or discrepancies in the results.