Coefficient correlation between 2 cosmological probes

In summary, the conversation discusses the correlation coefficient of two probes, A and B, in relation to the Poisson noise and cosmological bias. The author mentions that the cosmological part is significantly larger than the Poisson noise, leading to a correlation coefficient close to 1. However, there are doubts about this conclusion.
fab13
TL;DR Summary
I would like to assess the importance of spectroscopic Poisson noise compared to the cosmological contribution of Dark matter
Hello,

I have the demonstration below. A population represents the spectroscopic proble and B the photometric probe. I would like to know if, from the equation (13), the correlation coeffcient is closed to 0 or to 1 since I don't know if ##\mathcal{N}_{\ell}^{A}## Poisson noise of spectroscopic dominates or not the cosmological part ##b_A\,C_{\ell}^{DM}## with ##b_A## the cosmological bias of spectroscopic probe.

In this document, the authot states that cosmological part ##b_A\,C_{\ell}^{DM}## is very larger compared to ##\mathcal{N}_{\ell}^{A}## : this causes the correlation coefficient to be closed to 1 but I have doubts.

Any help is welcome

Capture d’écran 2022-11-01 à 04.26.20.png

Space news on Phys.org
I put in attachment the capture in PDF for more lisibility

Attachments

• Calculs_Stephane_PDF.pdf
    286.4 KB · Views: 93
This is like your fourth thread on this.

If you aren't violating the PF rules on personal theories, you might want to try and make your point more clearly and concisely.

Likes berkeman

1. What is the coefficient correlation between 2 cosmological probes?

The coefficient correlation between 2 cosmological probes is a statistical measure that quantifies the relationship between two sets of data. It indicates the strength and direction of the linear relationship between the two variables.

2. How is the coefficient correlation calculated?

The coefficient correlation is calculated by dividing the covariance of the two variables by the product of their standard deviations. This results in a value between -1 and 1, where a value of 1 indicates a perfect positive correlation, 0 indicates no correlation, and -1 indicates a perfect negative correlation.

3. What is the significance of the coefficient correlation in cosmology?

In cosmology, the coefficient correlation is used to understand the relationship between different cosmological probes, such as galaxy clusters, supernovae, and cosmic microwave background radiation. It helps to validate theories and models of the universe and provides insights into the properties and evolution of the universe.

4. Can the coefficient correlation change over time?

Yes, the coefficient correlation between two cosmological probes can change over time. This can happen due to various factors such as changes in the instruments used to measure the data, improvements in data analysis techniques, or changes in the underlying physical processes being studied.

5. What is considered a strong coefficient correlation in cosmology?

In cosmology, a coefficient correlation value of 0.7 or higher is generally considered a strong correlation. However, the significance of the correlation also depends on the sample size and the context of the study. It is important to interpret the coefficient correlation in conjunction with other statistical measures and physical considerations.