Combining 2 grid connections ac to one

• Thread starter michiel8888
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ac Grid
In summary, the individual is asking if they can combine two 450 watt grid connections to create one 900 watt connection for their home system. They also ask about possible concerns with power quality and phase differences. The recommended response is to contact a licensed electrician for assistance in wiring the house for more power, as attempting to do so oneself could result in fire or death.
michiel8888
question as grid connections are limited to 450 watts ac 220 v over her i like to combine two of these to one 900 watt grid connection?.
power ac comes from the same grid (source) goes trough a meter and connects to my home system.
so can i put one more meter there which is feeded from the same grid, and after the two meters both 450 watt can i connect the wires in parallel and can take a total load of 900 watt which is equally spread of the two grid connections? and connect that to my home system again? Power quality of the grid is very pour voltage drops and goed down a couple of times a day.. do i need to worry about fase differences or does this is no problem without burining up my system or the meters?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Contact a licensed electrician to wire your house for more power. Do not try to do it yourself. Fire and death could be the result.

michiel8888 said:
question as grid connections are limited to 450 watts ac 220 v over her i like to combine two of these to one 900 watt grid connection?.
power ac comes from the same grid (source) goes trough a meter and connects to my home system.
so can i put one more meter there which is feeded from the same grid, and after the two meters both 450 watt can i connect the wires in parallel and can take a total load of 900 watt which is equally spread of the two grid connections? and connect that to my home system again? Power quality of the grid is very pour voltage drops and goed down a couple of times a day.. do i need to worry about fase differences or does this is no problem without burining up my system or the meters?
anorlunda said:
Contact a licensed electrician to wire your house for more power. Do not try to do it yourself. Fire and death could be the result.
Perfect reply. Thread is closed.

1. How can I combine two grid connections into one AC connection?

To combine two grid connections into one AC connection, a power converter or inverter can be used. This device will convert the two separate grid connections into a single AC connection, allowing for a more efficient use of energy.

2. Why would I want to combine two grid connections into one AC connection?

Combining two grid connections into one AC connection can be useful for several reasons. It can help optimize energy usage, reduce costs, and increase reliability by having a backup connection in case one fails. It can also allow for the integration of renewable energy sources into the grid.

3. Is it possible to combine grid connections from different sources?

Yes, it is possible to combine grid connections from different sources, such as solar and wind energy. This can be done using a hybrid power converter or inverter, which can handle multiple types of energy inputs and convert them into a single AC connection.

4. Are there any limitations to combining grid connections?

There may be limitations to combining grid connections, depending on the specific setup and equipment being used. It is important to consult with a professional and ensure that the grid connections can safely and effectively be combined without causing any issues or disruptions.

5. Can combining grid connections improve the efficiency of my energy usage?

Yes, combining grid connections can improve efficiency by ensuring that energy is being used in the most optimal way. This can also help reduce energy waste and lower costs in the long run.