Comets, Water & the Sun: Investigating Earth's Origins

In summary, comets have more water than Earth because of the ice that forms. The water comes from the initial gas and dust cloud that formed the solar system.
Vrbic
A big part of water on Earth come from comets at the very early ages of Earth so I suppose that the comets has same age as the Earth. The Earth and other objects come from a waste after creation of the Sun. The Sun come from cloud of hydrogen and helium mostly. It is star of 3rd-generation so I suppose some other elements were present. If you disagree with anything let me know.
I have two questions:
1) Why does the comets have more water than Earth? I mean percentually.
2) Where did the water that forms the comets come from?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Vrbic said:
1) Why does the comets have more water than Earth? I mean percentually.

Comets formed in the outer solar system where the Sun's light and heat couldn't prevent water molecules from forming large quantities of ice. The inner solar system is too warm for ice to form (except on already existing planets where there are ways of transporting heat away from the ice and keep it insulated against the heat from the Sun, along with an atmosphere to keep it from sublimating away into space).

Vrbic said:
2) Where did the water that forms the comets come from?

It was present as oxygen and hydrogen in the initial gas and dust cloud that ended up forming the solar system.

Likes Vrbic
Drakkith said:
Comets formed in the outer solar system where the Sun's light and heat couldn't prevent water molecules from forming large quantities of ice. The inner solar system is too warm for ice to form (except on already existing planets where there are ways of transporting heat away from the ice and keep it insulated against the heat from the Sun, along with an atmosphere to keep it from sublimating away into space).

It was present as oxygen and hydrogen in the initial gas and dust cloud that ended up forming the solar system.
Ok, thnak you.

What is a comet?

A comet is a small, icy object that orbits the sun. It is made up of dust, rock, and frozen gases such as water, methane, and ammonia. As it approaches the sun, the comet's frozen gases and dust are heated and form a tail that can stretch millions of kilometers into space.

How are comets formed?

Comets are believed to be remnants from the formation of the solar system, over 4.5 billion years ago. As the solar system was forming, small particles of dust, ice, and gas collided and stuck together to form larger bodies, including comets.

What role do comets play in Earth's origins?

Comets may have played a significant role in delivering water and organic molecules to Earth. It is believed that early in Earth's history, comets bombarded the planet and deposited water and other volatile substances, which ultimately led to the formation of oceans and the development of life.

Why is studying comets important?

Studying comets can provide valuable insights into the early stages of our solar system and the origins of Earth. By analyzing the composition of comets, scientists can better understand the chemical and physical processes that played a role in the formation of our planet and the potential for life to exist elsewhere in the universe.

How does the sun affect comets?

The sun's heat and radiation play a crucial role in shaping the behavior of comets. As a comet approaches the sun, its frozen gases and dust are heated, causing them to vaporize and form a tail. The sun's gravity also affects the trajectory of comets, sometimes causing them to be ejected from the solar system or collide with other bodies.