Commenting on Insights Articles

• Thread starter anorlunda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with the comment edit window on an insights article. The standard tools were missing and the page did not refresh after posting a comment. The issue was resolved by finding the article's thread in the normal forums. A suggested solution is to replace the "Post Comment" button with a button that says "Visit The Comments Thread". One of the participants also mentions clicking the "Discuss in the Community" button at the bottom of the Insight to access the thread in the forum. The specific article that sparked this discussion was "Blaming Government for Teacher and Scientist Failures of Integrity".
anorlunda
Staff Emeritus
Insights Author
I just read an insights article, and then clicked on "Post Comment" at the bottom. The comment edit window that came up was sans the standard tools usual when posting to a thread. I mean the icon toolbar that appears above the edit box; they didn't appear.

I wrote a comment, and clicked post, but the page didn't refresh. So then I looked up the thread on the comments on the article, and aha my post had been posted after all.

It sounds like some GUI problems when you start with a link to an Insights article, as opposed to finding the article's thread in the normal forums.

A simple solution, might be to replace the list of comments plus "Post Comment" button at the bottom of an Insights article, with a button that says "Visit The Comments Thread".

Physics news on Phys.org
Best bet is to click the "Discuss in the Community" button at the bottom of the Insight which will take you to the thread in the forum. What Insight was this? Perhaps I forgot to add the button.

1. What is the purpose of commenting on insights articles?

Commenting on insights articles allows readers to share their thoughts and opinions on the information presented. It also allows for a conversation and exchange of ideas between readers and the author.

2. How do I leave a comment on an insights article?

To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the article and click on the "Add a comment" button. This will open a comment box where you can type in your comment and submit it.

3. Can I edit or delete my comment after it has been submitted?

Unfortunately, once a comment has been submitted, it cannot be edited or deleted. It is important to review your comment before submitting it to ensure it accurately reflects your thoughts.

4. Are there any guidelines for commenting on insights articles?

Yes, there are generally guidelines for commenting on insights articles. These may vary depending on the website or platform, but some common guidelines include being respectful, staying on topic, and avoiding personal attacks or offensive language.

5. Is it necessary to have a profile or account to comment on insights articles?

In most cases, yes. Many websites or platforms require users to have a registered account in order to leave comments on articles. This helps to prevent spam or inappropriate comments and allows for a more personalized experience for users.