COMSOL: How to relate terminals in electrical current?

In summary, the conversation involves a problem in Comsol Multiphysics where the user wants to simulate a current circuit in 2D geometry by relating multiple terminals to each other. They are specifically looking to choose boundary conditions for winding wire in a coil and are seeking help on the Comsol discussion forum.
M_K
TL;DR Summary
Simulation of the capacity between winding wire of a coil using 2D geometry.
hello, i have a problem in comsol multiphysics, i want to relate many terminals to each other to buid a current circuit in 2D geometry.
I was thinking to simulate the capacity between winding wire of a coil. So, I have to choose boundary conditions in the winding wire which are Terminals and grounds. For the terminals, I can't put the same potential in all wire because it is a serial circuit (coil) So, I have to relate terminals to each other.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Likes M_K

1. How do I define terminals in COMSOL for electrical current?

In COMSOL, terminals are defined as the connection points for electrical current in a circuit. To define terminals, you can use the Terminal feature under the Electrical Circuit interface. Simply select the appropriate geometry and assign the terminal type (e.g. voltage or current) to each connection point.

2. How do I relate terminals in COMSOL for electrical current?

To relate terminals in COMSOL, you can use the Terminal Pair feature under the Electrical Circuit interface. This allows you to connect two terminals together and define the relationship between them (e.g. voltage difference or current flow).

3. Can I use multiple terminals in COMSOL for a single electrical component?

Yes, you can use multiple terminals for a single electrical component in COMSOL. This is useful for components with multiple connections, such as transistors or op-amps. Simply define each terminal and use the Terminal Pair feature to relate them as needed.

4. How do I simulate electrical current in COMSOL?

To simulate electrical current in COMSOL, you will need to define the appropriate materials, geometry, and boundary conditions for your circuit. You can then use the Electrical Circuit interface to define terminals and their relationships, and run the simulation to see the current flow through your circuit.

5. Can I import my own circuit models into COMSOL for current analysis?

Yes, you can import your own circuit models into COMSOL for current analysis. COMSOL supports a variety of file formats, such as SPICE netlists, that can be used to import existing circuit models. You can then define terminals and run simulations to analyze the current behavior of your circuit.