Conceptual general physics help?

In summary, The individual is struggling with some concept problems and is supposed to choose all the statements that are false. The correct answers are as follows: 1. A motorcycle moved along a straight road at a constant speed. The magnitude of its acceleration was 0 m/s2. - true 2.A rabbit moved a total distance of 11 m and had a total displacement (magnitude) of 8 m. -false 3. It is observed that car's velocity and acceleration magnitudes are parallel. During this time, the car's speed increased by 4 mph. - true 4. An automobile is speeding up along a straight stretch of road. At one moment during this time it is observed that xcar = -27
gibson101
I have some concept problems that I cannot seem to master. I have them narrowed down to what I think the answers are but I keep getting them wrong.
I'm supposed to choose all the statements that are false.

A motorcycle moved along a straight road at a constant speed. The magnitude of its acceleration was 0 m/s2. - true

A rabbit moved a total distance of 11 m and had a total displacement (magnitude) of 8 m. -false

It is observed that car's velocity and acceleration magnitudes are parallel. During this time, the car's speed increased by 4 mph. - true

An automobile is speeding up along a straight stretch of road. At one moment during this time it is observed that xcar = -27 mi, vcar,x = -16 mph, & acar,x = -9 mph/s. - have no clue?

The truck traveled a distance of -78 mi. - flase

A rock was thrown straight up into the air. At the peak, its acceleration was 9.8 m/s2 down.- false, at the peak it's acceleration would be 0?

An SUV was at rest for 10 s. During this time its acceleration (magnitude) was changing. - false, how could it be accelerating if it's at rest?

An airplane went from New York to Boston. During the trip its average speed was 67 mph and its average velocity (magnitude) was 51 mph. - false, speed is a scalar of velocity ( a vector), and a scalar cannot be greater than its vector, correct?

This is an online question (must choose all that are false to get it right), and this is what I think but it keeps saying I'm wrong.

Physics news on Phys.org
A rock was thrown straight up into the air. At the peak, its acceleration was 9.8 m/s2 down.- false, at the peak it's acceleration would be 0?

Wrong that is true it's the force of gravity

To throw it up you had to overcome gravity so you threw it up with a force to overcome the downward pull of gravity which is a constant and unchanging 9.8m/s2 why else would the rock fall if there was no acceleration due to gravity.

Related to Conceptual general physics help?

What is conceptual general physics?

Conceptual general physics is a branch of physics that focuses on understanding the fundamental concepts and principles of physics, rather than solving complex mathematical problems. It involves studying the laws and theories that govern the behavior of matter and energy in the universe.

How is conceptual general physics different from traditional physics?

Traditional physics involves solving complex mathematical equations to understand and predict the behavior of physical systems. Conceptual general physics, on the other hand, focuses on developing a conceptual understanding of the fundamental principles and theories of physics without relying heavily on mathematical calculations.

Why is it important to study conceptual general physics?

Studying conceptual general physics helps develop a deeper understanding of the fundamental principles and laws of the physical world. It also helps in developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which can be applied in various fields such as engineering, medicine, and technology.

What are some real-world applications of conceptual general physics?

Conceptual general physics has many practical applications, such as understanding the behavior of moving objects, electricity, and magnetism, which are essential in the fields of engineering, architecture, and technology. It also helps in understanding natural phenomena like gravity, light, and sound.

What are some helpful resources for learning conceptual general physics?

There are many helpful resources for learning conceptual general physics, including textbooks, online courses, and educational videos. Some universities also offer introductory courses in conceptual general physics, and there are many online forums and communities where students can ask questions and discuss concepts with others.