Concrete Structures Notes & Resources | Get Help Now

In summary, the person is seeking help for their concrete structures course and is looking for resources online since their textbook has not arrived yet. They are struggling with the language of their lecture notes and are asking if anyone knows of any reliable notes or resources. They also mention a website that may be helpful but warn that it uses different units of measurement.
voltron
Hey,

sorry this isn't really a homework question, wasn't too sure where to put it. At the moment I'm taking a concrete structures course. I ordered the textbook online but it's not here yet. I have an assignment due on friday, and really need somewhere to start.

So my question is: Does anyone know somewhere on the net with decent Concrete Structures notes? Or have you taken this unit before and have some links to your universities notes?

The lecture notes for my course are in another language (don't ask), so they're not much help.

Physics news on Phys.org
You really need a textbook; reinforced concrete structure design can be more difficult than steel design because it involves the composite use of 2 materials.

This site may be of some help for starters, but I don't guarantee its accuracy

http://www.pdhcenter.com/courses/s131/s131.htm

Also, it uses the USA units of measure, so if you are using SI (metric units), the USA units will confuse you for sure.

Related to Concrete Structures Notes & Resources | Get Help Now

1. What are the main components of concrete structures?

The main components of concrete structures are cement, aggregates, and water. Cement acts as the binder, aggregates provide strength and durability, and water helps with the chemical reaction that hardens the concrete.

2. How are concrete structures designed?

Concrete structures are designed by analyzing the loads that the structure will need to support, determining the appropriate dimensions and reinforcement, and ensuring that the structure will be able to withstand external factors such as weather and seismic activity.

3. What are some common types of concrete structures?

Some common types of concrete structures include bridges, buildings, dams, and roads. Each type of structure has its own unique design and construction considerations.

4. How can I ensure the durability of concrete structures?

To ensure the durability of concrete structures, proper construction techniques and materials must be used, regular maintenance and inspections should be conducted, and the structure should be designed with potential environmental factors in mind.

5. Can I repair or reinforce an existing concrete structure?

Yes, it is possible to repair or reinforce an existing concrete structure. This can be done through methods such as patching, crack injection, and strengthening with additional reinforcement. It is important to consult with a structural engineer to determine the best course of action for each specific structure.