Connecting Current-controlled Voltage source in PSpice

In summary, to verify the circuit, the gain parameter k was calculated to be 2.5 when Rin was 0 and the current flow through the 0.5S (2 ohm) resistor was 0.5IoA. To simulate the 4-terminal current-controlled voltage source in PSpice, the VCCS component can be used with Ic set as the current through the resistor and K set as 2.5. The current source (Io) must also be connected correctly for the simulation to be accurate.
leafalling

Homework Statement

Referring to the circuit, I need to verify this by PSpice simulation.
I have calculated gain parameter k = 2.5 when Rin = 0 and the current flow through the 0.5S(2 ohm) resistor = 0.5IoA, which is correct.

The Attempt at a Solution

Firstly, I considered Io as a 1A DC current source in PSpice. Then, I have tried to connect the 4-terminal current-controlled voltage source in PSpice but I am not sure whether it is correct. Referring to the simulation result in PSpice, I also wondered why is there no current flow through the 2 ohm resistor (expected 0.5A here).
So, could anyone explain how to connect the 4-terminal current controlled voltage source in this case??
Thanks very much for your help!

Attachments

• circuit.jpg
    circuit.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 668
  • pspice.jpg
    pspice.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,521
Physics news on Phys.org
The 4-terminal current-controlled voltage source is a type of dependent source. It requires two additional parameters, namely the controlling current (Ic) and the gain parameter (K). It is usually represented in schematics as two separate components (3 terminals each) connected together as shown in the image below.In PSpice, you can use the "VCCS" component to simulate the 4-terminal current-controlled voltage source. The Ic value will be the current flowing through the 0.5S resistor (2 ohm) and the K value should be 2.5. In your simulation, you should also make sure that the current source (Io) is connected to the correct terminals of the VCCS component. Make sure that the current flowing through the resistor is indeed 0.5A.

1. How do I connect a current-controlled voltage source in PSpice?

To connect a current-controlled voltage source in PSpice, you will need to use a subcircuit. This subcircuit should contain a voltage source that is controlled by a current source, represented by the letter "G". The current source should be connected to the voltage source through a controlling current node (indicated by a "^" symbol). You will also need to include a voltage-controlled current source (represented by the letter "E") to complete the subcircuit.

2. What type of voltage source should I use for a current-controlled voltage source in PSpice?

For a current-controlled voltage source in PSpice, you should use a "VDC" (DC voltage) source. This type of source allows you to specify the voltage value and also include a controlling current node (indicated by a "^" symbol) to make it a current-controlled source.

3. Can I use a dependent source as a controlling current source in a current-controlled voltage source in PSpice?

Yes, you can use a dependent source (such as a voltage-controlled voltage source or a current-controlled current source) as a controlling current source in a current-controlled voltage source in PSpice. This allows for more flexibility in the circuit design.

4. How do I specify the controlling current value in a current-controlled voltage source in PSpice?

The controlling current value can be specified in the parameters section of the subcircuit. You can assign a value to the controlling current source by using the syntax "Gxxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx". The first three "xxx" represent the nodes of the controlling current source, and the last three "xxx" represent the nodes of the voltage source.

5. What are some common applications of a current-controlled voltage source in PSpice?

A current-controlled voltage source is commonly used in circuits where the output voltage needs to be controlled by the input current. It is often used in feedback circuits, control systems, and amplifier designs. It can also be used in simulation models for devices such as transistors and operational amplifiers.