Constructing the Perfect Egg Drop Device

In summary, to construct the perfect egg drop device, you will need materials such as cardboard, straws, popsicle sticks, rubber bands, and tape. The best design for an egg drop device is one that can absorb the impact of the fall and protect the egg from breaking. To test your egg drop device, you can drop it from various heights and gradually increase the height until you find the maximum height at which the egg can survive the fall. The ideal weight for an egg drop device depends on the materials used and the design of the device, and it is recommended to use a raw egg for a more accurate challenge.
ilyphysicsduh
we are required to do an egg drop. all we are allowed to use is 2 news paper spreads, 2 m string, and masking tape. what's the best way to use these materials in order to be able to drop a hardboiled egg from a 4th floor without any cracks. thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Constructing the Perfect Egg Drop Device

What materials do I need to construct the perfect egg drop device?

To construct the perfect egg drop device, you will need materials such as cardboard, straws, popsicle sticks, rubber bands, and tape. You may also want to use materials such as bubble wrap, cotton balls, or foam to provide cushioning for the egg.

What is the best design for an egg drop device?

The best design for an egg drop device is one that can absorb the impact of the fall and protect the egg from breaking. This can be achieved by creating a structure with multiple layers of cushioning and a sturdy outer shell.

How do I test my egg drop device?

To test your egg drop device, you can drop it from various heights and see if the egg remains intact. Start with a low height and gradually increase the height until you find the maximum height at which the egg can survive the fall.

What is the ideal weight for an egg drop device?

The ideal weight for an egg drop device depends on the materials used and the design of the device. Generally, it is recommended to keep the weight as light as possible while still providing enough cushioning for the egg.

Can I use any type of egg for the egg drop challenge?

Yes, you can use any type of egg for the egg drop challenge. However, it is recommended to use a raw egg as it will provide a more accurate and realistic challenge. Hard-boiled eggs may not break as easily and may not provide an accurate measure of the success of your device.