Core loss when there are two simultaneous fields

In summary, the conversation discusses modeling an induction machine with two three-phase stators, the use of superposition with two sinusoidal waveforms, and the calculation of core loss and hysteresis loss in the presence of nonlinearity and saturation. The suggested approach is to sample the core current waveform and use a piecewise linear representation of the saturation curve to calculate the losses.
naserhashemni
Dear all, Hi
I am involved in a project and I want to model an induction machine with two three phase stators. The frequency and number of poles of the two set are different.
How can I write a formula for the core loss of the stator?
There are two sinusoidal waveforms at stator. Can I use superposition?
We know the core is NOT linear as there is saturation when we have core loss.
Could you please let me know what the relation of hyeteresis loss will be when there are two simultaneous fields?
Thanks a lot in advance
Hashemnia

Engineering news on Phys.org
If it is nonlinear you can not use superposition.

Your question implies that you have the core current waveform. If so, you'll have to sample the data, do an instantaneous calculation using a piecewise linear representation of the saturation curve, then repeat for each sample and sum them up.

Related to Core loss when there are two simultaneous fields

1. What is core loss when there are two simultaneous fields?

Core loss refers to the energy that is dissipated as heat in a magnetic core due to the presence of two simultaneous magnetic fields. These fields can be caused by alternating currents or varying magnetic fields.

2. How does core loss affect the performance of a magnetic core?

Core loss can decrease the efficiency of a magnetic core by converting some of the electrical energy into heat, which can cause the core to overheat and potentially damage the device. It can also cause a decrease in the magnetic flux density, leading to reduced performance.

3. What factors can contribute to core loss when there are two simultaneous fields?

The factors that can contribute to core loss include the type of magnetic material used in the core, the frequency and amplitude of the magnetic fields, and the core geometry. The design of the core and the surrounding circuit also play a role in the amount of core loss.

4. How can core loss be minimized in a magnetic core?

There are several ways to minimize core loss, such as using high-quality magnetic materials with low hysteresis and eddy current losses, optimizing the core geometry, and reducing the frequency and amplitude of the magnetic fields. Proper design and selection of the core can also help minimize core loss.

5. Can core loss be completely eliminated in a magnetic core?

No, core loss cannot be completely eliminated. However, it can be reduced to a minimum through careful design and selection of materials. The goal is to minimize the effects of core loss on the performance and efficiency of the device.