Courant 's book is appropriate for beginner

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty of learning calculus as a beginner and the desire to quickly advance to more advanced math and understand basic physics. The speaker plans to read Courant's book instead of Lang's book in order to achieve their goals faster. There is a suggestion to post these thoughts in a blog instead of a question.
theoristo
I've read the first 30 pages and it seem to not as hard as other would say for a beginner..at least it's kind of easier than Spivak,the only problem is the epsilon-delta definition which take time to grasp...the only reason I want to finish calculus as fast as possible is to go for more advanced math and especially being able to understand some basic physics...that's why I will take the rest of summer going through(and trying to learn by osmosis:biggrin:) Courant 's book instead of Lang 's book(which is easier but I would still have to read Courant after it) to get where I want faster.

Physics news on Phys.org
Is there a question here?

Yes,is there any advice?

Advice about what? Your original post is just you making some statement. These things are better suited in your blog. So please post there in the future.

I would like to commend the person for actively seeking to learn more advanced math and its applications in physics. It is important to have a strong foundation in calculus in order to understand and solve complex problems in these fields.

Regarding Courant's book, I believe it is a great resource for beginners. It is written in a clear and concise manner, making it easier to grasp the concepts. However, as the person mentioned, the epsilon-delta definition can be challenging to understand at first. It is a fundamental concept in calculus and it is important to take the time to fully grasp it before moving on.

I would also like to emphasize the importance of patience and persistence in learning mathematics. It takes time and practice to fully understand and apply these concepts, but the effort will be worth it in the end. I would recommend taking the time to fully understand Courant's book before moving on to more advanced texts.

Overall, I believe the person is on the right track in their learning journey and I wish them all the best in their studies. Keep up the good work!

Related to Courant 's book is appropriate for beginner

1. What level of knowledge is required to understand Courant's book?

Courant's book is appropriate for beginners, so no prior knowledge is necessary. However, a basic understanding of mathematics and physics may be helpful.

2. Is Courant's book suitable for self-study?

Yes, Courant's book is designed for self-study and includes clear explanations and examples to guide readers through the material.

3. Does Courant's book cover advanced topics?

No, Courant's book is specifically geared towards beginners and covers fundamental concepts in mathematics and physics.

4. Can Courant's book be used as a textbook?

Yes, many universities use Courant's book as a textbook for introductory courses in mathematics and physics.

5. Are there any prerequisites for using Courant's book?

No, there are no prerequisites for using Courant's book. It is designed for beginners and includes all necessary information within the text.