Create a physics problem for me!

silento
Homework Statement
Hello! Using concepts of physics 1 like kinamatics, dynamics, circular motion, pressure, newton's laws. Make me a physics question that needs basic calculus like integrals and derivaties to solve!
Relevant Equations
-
Hello! Using concepts of physics 1 like kinamatics, dynamics, circular motion, pressure, newton's laws. Make me a physics question that needs basic calculus like integrals and derivaties to solve!

Physics news on Phys.org
We are not in the business of making up problems. Do you know how to use the Internet?

Likes MatinSAR and BvU
Irodov has lots of good problems!

Likes MatinSAR, PhDeezNutz and silento
There’s a classical mechanics problem that is simple to state but can be hard depending on how you go about it. It has elements of Newton's gravitation, orbits, dynamics and kinamatics.

Prove that an object originating in deep space falling toward the earth will take 9/11 of the time of fall to travel half the distance.

It’s from the book Classical Dynamics by Marion in Chapter 5 problem 5-5 on page 205.

Basically you have to relate the distance to time but newtons gravitation law gives the acceleration based on distance.

One could do this problem numerically with python or some other programming language which would introduce you to computer modeling in a small domain.

One prof told us to use the Kepler equal areas in equal times law and consider the object is orbiting the earth in an elliptical orbit and just collapse the orbit ie minor axis goes to zero.

Since the thread has been answered as best as can be, it will remain closed.

Jedi