Create track map using Lateral acceleration & speed in Matlab

In summary, the individual is seeking help with creating a track map using lateral acceleration and speed. They are specifically looking for the steps and mathematics needed to plot the coordinates, and they mention being familiar with finding the curvature radius but unsure of the next step. They are not familiar with calculus and are looking for a mathematical approach to understanding the process.
RacingFan
Hi I was wondering if someone could help with creating a track map using lateral accel and speed.

More specifically the steps to the maths needed to plot the coordinates.

I know how to find the curvature radius but not sure what the next step is.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
RacingFan said:
Hi I was wondering if someone could help with creating a track map using lateral accel and speed.

More specifically the steps to the maths needed to plot the coordinates.

I know how to find the curvature radius but not sure what the next step is.

Thanks
Long time no see! :smile:

Are you familiar with calculus? And the relationship between position, velocity and acceleration? That's the approach that is usually used in this type of mapping...

No I am not. I'm looking for some maths to help me understand

Related to Create track map using Lateral acceleration & speed in Matlab

1. How do I load my data into Matlab?

To load your data into Matlab, you can use the load function. This function takes in the name of your data file as an argument and creates a variable in your workspace with the same name. You can then use this variable to access your data.

2. How do I plot a track map using lateral acceleration and speed data?

To plot a track map using lateral acceleration and speed data, you can use the plot function. First, create two arrays containing your lateral acceleration and speed data. Then, use the plot function to plot these two arrays against each other. You can add labels, titles, and customize the plot as needed.

3. Can I add other variables to my track map, such as time or position?

Yes, you can add other variables to your track map by using the plot function with multiple arrays. For example, you can plot lateral acceleration, speed, time, and position all on the same graph by passing in these arrays as arguments to the plot function.

4. How do I add a legend to my track map?

To add a legend to your track map, you can use the legend function. This function takes in a cell array of strings as an argument, with each string representing the label for a different plot on your graph. You can also specify the location of the legend on your graph.

5. Can I save my track map as an image file?

Yes, you can save your track map as an image file by using the saveas function. This function takes in your plot and a file name as arguments, and saves the plot as an image file in the specified format (e.g. .png, .jpg, .pdf). Alternatively, you can also use the print function to save your plot as an image file.