Creating a Todo App with Django: A Beginner's Guide

• MHB
  • Thread starter shivajikobardan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    App
In summary, at your current level of programming, you can make a todo app in Django by learning how to create models, use the admin panel, perform CRUD operations, and use forms to interact with the database.
shivajikobardan
I need to make an application that uses database in python, what should I make?

Firstly I need to tell about me. I know 0 about programming. I have learned basics of python only. What are the apps that use database that are upto my level of programming?

I am planning to use django.
-------------------------------------------
Softwares that I love to make-:

1) There is a website called slideplayer.com. I want to download the slides of that page as images and convert them to pdf. Is this doable in my level of programming? Does this uses database? What do I need to learn to make this type of application?

-------------------------------------------
What are doable projects of my level? Please guide a bit? I am thinking about todo app. Is that doable on my level? What do I need to learn to be able to make a todo app in django?

Technology news on Phys.org
Yes, a todo app is doable in your level of programming. To make a todo app in Django, you will need to learn how to create models and use the admin panel to manage the database. You will also have to learn basic CRUD operations (Create, Read, Update, Delete) and how to use HTML and CSS to create the frontend views. Lastly, you will need to learn how to use the Django forms library to create forms that can be used to interact with the database.

1. What is Django and why is it useful for creating a Todo App?

Django is a free and open-source web framework written in Python. It provides a robust and efficient way to build web applications, including Todo Apps. Django offers a variety of tools and features that make it easier to create dynamic and secure web applications, such as user authentication, database management, and URL routing.

2. What are the necessary steps to create a Todo App with Django?

The first step is to install Django and its dependencies. Then, you need to create a new Django project and a new app within the project. Next, you will design the database models for your Todo App and create the necessary views and templates. Finally, you will configure the URL routing and run the server to test and deploy your app.

3. How can I add user authentication to my Todo App?

Django provides a built-in authentication system that allows you to manage user accounts and permissions. You can use this system to create user login, registration, and password reset functionality for your Todo App. You can also customize the authentication process to fit your specific needs.

4. Can I customize the design and layout of my Todo App with Django?

Yes, you can use CSS and HTML to customize the design and layout of your Todo App. Django also offers a templating system that allows you to separate the design from the code and create reusable templates for different pages of your app.

5. Is it possible to deploy my Todo App created with Django to a web server?

Yes, Django is designed to be easily deployable to a web server. You can use a variety of web servers, such as Apache or Nginx, along with a WSGI server, to run your Django app. You can also deploy your app to a cloud hosting platform, such as Heroku or AWS, for easy scalability and management.