How to Output an Image from a Fractal Program in Emacs?

• Thread starter Mgkov18
  • Start date
  • Tags
    c++ image
In summary, to insert an image in Emacs, use the command "insert-image" or "C-x C-i" and select an image file. To resize an image, use "image-transform-fit-to-height" or "image-transform-fit-to-width" or specify a size with "image-transform-resize". You can edit an image in Emacs using "image-mode" and various manipulation commands. To save an image, use "save-buffer" or "C-x C-s". The appearance of an image in Emacs can be customized using "image-mode" and display options such as "image-toggle-display".
Mgkov18
Alright, so I programmed a fractal in emacs and used the terminal on my mac to compile it and it compiles and everything but it outputs the coordinates. I want to output a image from my fractal program so could you guys help me out with that? Any advice would be awesome

Technology news on Phys.org
Could you perhaps let us know what language this program is written in and what the output is?

1) How do I insert an image in Emacs?

To insert an image in Emacs, you can use the command "insert-image" or the shortcut "C-x C-i". This will prompt you to select an image file from your computer to insert into the current buffer.

2) How can I resize an image in Emacs?

To resize an image in Emacs, you can use the command "image-transform-fit-to-height" or "image-transform-fit-to-width" depending on which dimension you want to resize. You can also specify a specific size using the command "image-transform-resize".

3) Can I edit an image in Emacs?

Yes, you can edit an image in Emacs using the command "image-mode" which will open the image in a separate buffer. From there, you can use various image manipulation commands such as "image-rotate" or "image-crop" to edit the image.

4) How do I save an image in Emacs?

To save an image in Emacs, you can use the command "save-buffer" or the shortcut "C-x C-s". This will save the image in its current state to the specified file location.

5) Can I customize the appearance of an image in Emacs?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of an image in Emacs using the command "image-mode" and then using various display options such as "image-toggle-display" to toggle the display of the image between grayscale and color.