Data Sources for Vaccination and Covid-19 cases by Age

In summary, there are sources of data available on the number of COVID-19 vaccines administered in the US by age and sex, as well as information on COVID-19 cases and adverse events by age and sex. These can be found on the CDC website, but the data is aggregated differently for each category, making it difficult to analyze.
Jarvis323
Is there an up to data source of data on the number of vaccines administered in the US by age and sex? And similarly is there up to date information on the number of Covid-19 cases by age and sex, as well as number of adverse events from Covid-19 infection?

Last edited:
Likes atyy
Biology news on Phys.org
  • Informative
Likes pinball1970, Astronuc, atyy and 3 others
Ygggdrasil said:
This site has info on COVID-19 vaccine demographics: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccination-demographic

Similarly it has demographic data for COVID-19 cases: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics

Hopspitalizations and deaths from COVID-19 would probably have nationwide statistics available (e.g. from the CDC site), but I'm not sure if data on other specific adverse events would be available (though there are plenty of studies that estimate their frequency).
I wish there was raw data I could find. The aggregated data by age is grouped differently for cases, vaccinations, and adverse events, which makes it incompatible for analysis.

1. What are the most reliable data sources for tracking vaccination rates and Covid-19 cases by age?

The most reliable data sources for tracking vaccination rates and Covid-19 cases by age are typically government agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). These organizations have access to the most up-to-date and accurate data from healthcare providers and public health departments.

2. How often are these data sources updated?

The frequency of updates for these data sources can vary, but they are typically updated on a daily or weekly basis. This allows for the most accurate and timely information to be available to the public.

3. Are there any limitations to using data sources for vaccination and Covid-19 cases by age?

Yes, there can be limitations to using data sources for vaccination and Covid-19 cases by age. These limitations can include incomplete or delayed reporting from healthcare providers, discrepancies in data collection methods, and changes in data reporting protocols.

4. How can I access and interpret the data from these sources?

The data from these sources can usually be accessed through their respective websites or through data visualization tools. It is important to carefully review and understand the data definitions and methodologies used by these sources in order to properly interpret the data.

5. Can I use these data sources for my own research or analysis?

Yes, these data sources can be used for research and analysis, but it is important to properly cite and reference the source of the data. Additionally, it is important to consider any limitations or biases in the data when conducting your own analysis.