Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce Challenge

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Challenge
In summary: It was not a pleasant experience.In summary, a father shares his experience of trying a hot sauce called Dave's gourmet insanity sauce that his daughter found on the Internet. It rates 500,000 on the scoville scale and she wanted him to taste it. As he ate it, her jaw dropped, expecting a violent reaction. However, the father found it to be less hot than he expected and has tasted hotter chili before. The daughter also tried a tiny spot and nearly had a bad reaction. The conversation then shifts to discussing the hottest sauces and peppers, with one person mentioning a pepper that rates 1 million on the scoville scale. It is mentioned that the perception of spiciness varies from person to
I thought Londoners were tougher than that, LOL.

Physics news on Phys.org
When I told my wife about this one, she commented that it is probably a good thing that we are not back in our old neighborhood. We'd have Haz-Mat/Swat teams busting down the doors. As it is, when we are making habanero relish, we keep a couple of windows open, and when we introduce hot, soapy water to the bowl, cutter, and lid of the food processor to clean it, the hot water "weaponizes" the chili juice and causes us to gasp and cough, too. It's a whole lot easier to eat and enjoy this stuff than to breathe it into your lungs.

Turbo, imagine the havoc if your kitchen caught fire (hope it never does) people would have to be evacuated 50 miles away down wind.

wolram said:
Turbo, imagine the havoc if your kitchen caught fire (hope it never does) people would have to be evacuated 50 miles away down wind.
The kitchen is not so much a problem, but if the cupboards and pantry got hot enough to burst glass jars, the carnage would be wide-spread.:rofl: