DE Tutorial Update: Status, Plans, and Opportunities for Involvement

• MHB
  • Thread starter Chris L T521
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tutorial
In summary, the DE tutorial will have an update sometime in February with help from Ackbach and Fantini.
Chris L T521
Gold Member
MHB
Hi All,

I've been pretty busy with things this past year and even though I started working on the DE tutorial, I never really found the time to continue working on it. However, this next year looks promising in the fact that I'll have fewer classes to take, implying that I'll have more time to work on the site and this tutorial. Originally, Ackbach and Fantini had volunteered to help me with this (and I'll assume they're still onboard once things get moving again); if you'd like to be a part of this, feel free to send me a PM and I'll get back to you more about what I have planned for this tutorial.

I still have preliminary exams to pass and that will take up most of my time and attention in January. Thus, the DE tutorial will have another update sometime in February (most likely the first week; sooner if I get promising results on my first two preliminary exams).

Physics news on Phys.org
It's been a while since I said that I would work on things, but then life happened so I couldn't. I guess now would be a good time to give an update on the status of this tutorial.

I still have plans on getting things going with this, so you can be assured that this project has not bit the dust. I'm currently in the process of moving into a new place (in the packing phase right now), so I'll be able to start making progress with this sometime next week. I hope to have the second post of the tutorial up within 2 weeks. Again, if you'd like to help me with editing or would like to make contributions in any way, send me a PM and we can work things out.

I'll be sure not to let you guys down this time! (Nod)

Woohoo! Progress!

TeXMaker FTW! Looking forward to the tutorial (Inlove)

Bacterius said:
TeXMaker FTW! Looking forward to the tutorial (Inlove)

Looks like the bar for tutorials is about to be raised...(Rock)

1. What is the purpose of the DE Tutorial?

The purpose of the DE Tutorial is to provide a comprehensive guide for scientists and researchers to understand the current status of differential equations (DE) in the scientific community.

2. Who is the target audience for the DE Tutorial?

The target audience for the DE Tutorial is primarily scientists, researchers, and students who are interested in learning about DE and its applications in various fields of study.

3. What topics are covered in the DE Tutorial?

The DE Tutorial covers topics such as the basics of differential equations, different types of DE, methods for solving DE, applications of DE in various fields, and current research and developments in the field of DE.

4. Is the DE Tutorial updated regularly?

Yes, the DE Tutorial is regularly updated to reflect the latest advancements and research in the field of differential equations.

5. Can the DE Tutorial be accessed for free?

Yes, the DE Tutorial is accessible for free and can be found on various online platforms and educational websites. However, some resources and materials may require a subscription or payment to access.