Deja Vu: one amazing science fiction movie

In summary: I couldn't have guessed that "Source Code" is about looped timeline. I had read about it in the IMDb, it must be a good movie too like the deja vu, I'll try to find the dvd when I shop.
Khadar Mariano
De javu is the best science fiction movie i have ever watched,,, the characters are amazingly matching although it is so confusing about this moves from past to present and vice versa but the movies is great :cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
Khadar Mariano said:
De javu

No such movie.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Khadar just spelled it wrong :)

I only _look_ deceptively stupid :tongue2:

Hmm, I get the feeling I have seen that movie before...

I've seen it, a 10 billion dollar forensic apparatus that bends spacetime which enable crime investigators to see "events from 4 days ago streaming live on the screens".

I love that movie!

That was a fantastic movie. One of the better time travel movies I have seen.

**spoiler**

What I never got however is that they show from the beginning that he already traveled back in time, throughout the movie he witnesses clues and evidence of the fact that he was already there. yet if that is true then why is the girl dead in the beginning? in the end of the movie he goes back and we see him setting into motion all the events that we witnessed before, only this time he saves the day so what was different this time around?

That is a spoiler if we don't consider the multiverse theory or parallel timelines and superposition. Time flows like a river, sometimes a twig in a river causes some water not to flow forward but to swirl in a loop instead. My interpretation is that Agent Doug didn't travel in time, he jumped into a parallel timeline and removed the twig (the terrorist), he died in the process and his alter-ego got the girl.

So you think the first time he went back he couldn't save her or the ship but left himself clues so the next time he traveled back (in yet another alternate line) this time he would be successful?

The phone message record in the main timeline indicates that Agent Doug saved the girl in parallel timeline which enable her to answer her friend Beth, she is alive in that looped timeline and dead in the main timeline. The main timeline will continue.. the girl as well as the passengers of the ship are dead, Agent Doug is gone, and the terrorist is in jail. Snow white is a useful forensic apparatus albeit the physicists is not observing the past but parallel timeline... just my interpretation.

Makes sense to me. looking at it that way makes it sound a lot like "Source Code". In that movie the Military had developed a way to view the past, they acknowledged that it wasn't the actually past but the memory of it so no effects that were changed had any effect on the main timeline. Never the less this allowed them to solve crimes but gaining evidence that they normally wouldn't have access to.

I couldn't have guessed that "Source Code" is about looped timeline. I had read about it in the IMDb, it must be a good movie too like the deja vu, I'll try to find the dvd when I shop.

Good movies make us willingly suspend our disbelief and switched off our critical thinking circuit in favor of the story, I'm wondering how movie makers do that. We forgive some of the goofs and we ourselves explain the others.

Agent Doug's blood appeared in the main timeline through interference of the looped timeline. Superposition is one of the interpretation of the double-slit experiment.. a single electron fired on the double-slit will be in two location at the same time and interferes with itself... mass, electrical charge and all.

I couldn't have guessed that "Source Code" is about looped timeline. I had read about it in the IMDb, it must be a good movie too like the deja vu, I'll try to find the dvd when I shop.

Good movies make us willingly suspend our disbelief and switched off our critical thinking circuit in favor of the story, I'm wondering how movie makers do that. We forgive some of the goofs and we ourselves explain the others.

Agent Doug's blood appeared in the main timeline through interference of the looped timeline. Superposition is one of the interpretation of the double-slit experiment.. a single electron fired on the double-slit will be in two location at the same time and interferes with itself... mass, electrical charge and all.

1. What is the plot of "Deja Vu"?

The movie follows an ATF agent who is tasked with investigating a terrorist bombing on a ferry in New Orleans. He discovers that a top-secret government program allows him to view events in the past, and he uses this technology to try and prevent the bombing from happening again.

2. How does the concept of "Deja Vu" relate to real science?

The concept of "Deja Vu" is an interesting topic in the field of neuroscience. Some scientists believe that it is caused by a brief glitch in the brain's memory storage process, while others think it is a result of the brain trying to make sense of a familiar situation. However, there is still much debate and research needed to fully understand the phenomenon.

3. Who are the main characters in "Deja Vu"?

The main character is ATF agent Doug Carlin, played by Denzel Washington. Other notable characters include Claire Kuchever, a researcher who helps Doug understand the time-travel technology, and Carroll Oerstadt, the mastermind behind the terrorist attack.

4. How does the time-travel technology in the movie work?

The technology in the movie is based on the theory of wormholes, which are hypothetical tunnels in space-time that could potentially allow for time travel. In the movie, the government has developed a way to create artificial wormholes and send objects through them, allowing them to view events in the past.

5. Is "Deja Vu" a science fiction or a thriller movie?

"Deja Vu" can be considered a mix of both genres. While it has elements of science fiction with its time-travel technology, it also has a thriller aspect with its suspenseful plot and action scenes. Ultimately, it is up to the viewer to decide how they interpret the movie's genre.