Did John von Neumann ever go to Oslo or any other part of Norway?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of John von Neumann traveling to Norway or other Scandinavian countries. It is mentioned that he has been confirmed to have traveled to Copenhagen, but there is no evidence of him visiting any other Nordic country. A link to a similar question on history stack exchange is provided, and it is stated that there is currently no data on von Neumann's travels to other Scandinavian countries. The conversation also mentions the appropriateness of posting such questions on Physics Forums.
Suekdccia
I do not know exactly where to ask this. I do not even know if I can. I chose the General Discussion forum since it seems to me the best place to ask this within this site.

Having said this, Did John von Neumann ever go to Oslo or any other part of Norway?

It is known that he traveled at least once to Copenhagen, but did he also travel to other Scandinavian countries? Did he travel to Norway?

Physics news on Phys.org
There happens to be a question of similar formatting asked of on history stack exchange, which can viewed by the following link:
https://hsm.stackexchange.com/quest...ny-nordic-country-did-eugene-paul-wigner-everFrom what I have searched, there seems to be no present data announcing whether he visited any Nordic country apart from Denmark. You can discern that people may not know as displayed in one of the comments of the stack exchange answers.

As for posting threads like such on Physics Forums, I believe it was perfectly fine, so long as you place it in the general discussion section. It would be sagacious to view the Physics Forums conditions which have been sent countless times to a mischievous person like myself.

1. Did John von Neumann ever travel to Oslo or any other part of Norway?

No, John von Neumann never traveled to Oslo or any other part of Norway. He spent most of his career in the United States and did not have any recorded trips to Norway.

2. Was John von Neumann invited to any conferences or events in Oslo?

There is no evidence that John von Neumann was invited to any conferences or events in Oslo. He did attend several conferences and events in Europe, but none in Norway.

3. Did John von Neumann have any collaborations with Norwegian scientists?

There are no known collaborations between John von Neumann and Norwegian scientists. He did collaborate with scientists from other European countries, but none from Norway.

4. Did John von Neumann have any ties to Norway?

There is no evidence of John von Neumann having any ties to Norway. He did have connections to several European countries, but none specifically to Norway.

5. Are there any records of John von Neumann traveling to Norway?

No, there are no records of John von Neumann traveling to Norway. He did travel extensively for work and personal reasons, but Norway was not one of his destinations.