Did physicsforums get rid of the section on philosophy?

• Thread starter g.lemaitre
  • Start date
In summary, Physicsforums made the decision to remove the section on philosophy in order to focus on the main topic of physics. This was done to provide a more valuable experience for users as discussions on philosophy can be subjective and may not have a direct connection to physics. The removal of this section is not expected to affect the quality of discussions on Physicsforums and may even improve it by allowing for more focused and relevant conversations. While the philosophy section is no longer available, discussions on philosophical concepts related to physics are still welcome on the forum as long as they contribute to the understanding of physics. There are also other forums and online communities that specifically cater to the intersection of philosophy and physics. At this time, there are no plans to bring back the philosophy
g.lemaitre
When I was on this forum a year ago they used to have a section on philosophy. I don't see it anymore. Did they get rid of it?

Physics news on Phys.org
g.lemaitre said:
When I was on this forum a year ago they used to have a section on philosophy. I don't see it anymore. Did they get rid of it?

We pretty much answered every philosophical questions precisely, so we don't have any more questions.

1. Why did Physicsforums get rid of the section on philosophy?

The decision to remove the section on philosophy was made in order to focus on the core topic of physics. Discussions on philosophy can often be subjective and may not have a direct connection to physics, which is the main purpose of the forum. By removing this section, we hope to provide a more focused and valuable experience for our users.

2. Will the removal of the philosophy section affect the quality of discussions on Physicsforums?

No, the removal of the philosophy section will not affect the quality of discussions on Physicsforums. In fact, it may even improve the overall quality by allowing for more focused and relevant discussions on physics-related topics.

3. Can I still discuss philosophical concepts related to physics on Physicsforums?

Yes, the removal of the philosophy section does not mean that philosophical discussions related to physics are prohibited. As long as the discussions are relevant and contribute to the understanding of physics, they are welcome on the forum.

4. Are there any other forums that focus on the intersection of philosophy and physics?

Yes, there are many forums and online communities that specifically cater to discussions on the intersection of philosophy and physics. A quick internet search can help you find these communities.

5. Will the philosophy section ever be brought back to Physicsforums?

At this time, there are no plans to bring back the philosophy section to Physicsforums. However, the forum is always open to feedback and suggestions from our users, so if there is a strong demand for it in the future, we may reconsider our decision.