Different aspects of differential mounting

• Thread starter Aashish sarode
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Differential
In summary, the individual is seeking assistance from the physics forum to design and analyze a mounting for an open differential on a SAE-INDIA supra-car. The mounting will be situated in a box type frame and the individual is looking for resources on understanding the forces that act on a differential mounting. They also mention their intention to utilize CAD drawing and FEA software for their project.
Aashish sarode
I want to mount open differential (chain driven) on SAE-INDIA supra -car so I need to consider different forces on differential and it's mounting for designing a proper mounting. So i need physics forum's help to design differential mounting. Mounting place is a box type frame. For illustrative purpose i have joined two images.

Attachments

• WP_20160607_11_54_25_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160607_11_54_25_Pro.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 445
Likes berkeman
Engineering news on Phys.org
Aashish sarode said:
I want to mount open differential (chain driven) on SAE-INDIA supra -car so I need to consider different forces on differential and it's mounting for designing a proper mounting. So i need physics forum's help to design differential mounting. Mounting place is a box type frame. For illustrative purpose i have joined two images.
Since this project is for schoolwork, please show us your work on it so far. We do not do the work for students here. We can offer hints, ask questions, catch mistakes, etc. But it is against the PF rules for us to do your project for you.

So have you done any drawings yet? Do you have access to a CAD drawing program? How about access to FEA software? :smile:

berkeman said:
Since this project is for schoolwork, please show us your work on it so far. We do not do the work for students here. We can offer hints, ask questions, catch mistakes, etc. But it is against the PF rules for us to do your project for you.

So have you done any drawings yet? Do you have access to a CAD drawing program? How about access to FEA software? :smile:
Yes I understand the rules of Pf, so can you please redirect me to any article on differential mounting to understand that what are forces acting on a differential mounting so that I will make my own design and analyse it on ansys software.

Likes berkeman

Related to Different aspects of differential mounting

1. What is differential mounting?

Differential mounting is a method used to attach or mount two objects together in a way that allows for movement or rotation between them. This is often used in mechanical systems to compensate for differences in size or shape between two components.

2. Why is differential mounting important?

Differential mounting is important because it allows for flexibility and movement between two components, reducing the risk of damage or failure. It also helps to distribute stresses and loads more evenly, increasing the overall stability and performance of the system.

3. How does differential mounting work?

Differential mounting typically involves the use of specialized components such as bushings, bearings, or couplings to connect two objects while still allowing for movement and rotation. These components act as a buffer between the two objects, absorbing any differences in forces or misalignment.

4. What are the different types of differential mounting?

There are several types of differential mounting, including flexible and rigid mounting. Flexible mounting uses components that can bend or flex, such as rubber bushings or flexible couplings. Rigid mounting, on the other hand, uses solid connections like bolts or welded joints.

5. When should differential mounting be used?

Differential mounting should be used in situations where there are differences in size, shape, or movement between two components. It is commonly used in automotive and industrial applications, as well as in machinery and equipment that require precise alignment and movement.