DigitalWrite in Teensy microcontroller?

In summary, DigitalWrite is a function in the Teensy microcontroller that allows you to set the state of a digital pin as either HIGH or LOW. To use DigitalWrite, you need to initialize the pin as an output and then use the function to set the pin's state. It can also be used to control multiple pins at once using a bitwise OR operation. DigitalWrite is different from AnalogWrite, which is used for setting analog outputs using PWM. DigitalWrite cannot be used to read the state of a pin, for that you would need to use the DigitalRead function.
angelspikes
I'm trying to use the function pinMode so that I can use an analog pin as a digital output pin.
But when I debug the source file, it states that OUTPUT and PIN_AO is undeclared, and that pinMode and digitalWrite are implicit declarations. I assume I'm missing a library which i should include? What should I do to correct these problems?

pinMode(PIN_A0, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(PIN_AO, HIGH);

// This was written in main

Engineering news on Phys.org
Have you tried reading the documentation for the functions and constants? That should tell you which header file(s) you need to include.

1. What is DigitalWrite in Teensy microcontroller?

DigitalWrite is a function in the Teensy microcontroller that allows you to set the state of a digital pin as either HIGH (on) or LOW (off).

2. How do I use DigitalWrite in Teensy microcontroller?

To use DigitalWrite, you first need to initialize the pin as an output using the pinMode function. Then, you can use the DigitalWrite function to set the pin's state as either HIGH or LOW.

3. Can I use DigitalWrite to control multiple pins at once?

Yes, you can use the DigitalWrite function to control multiple pins at once by using a bitwise OR operation on the desired pins. For example, to set pins 2, 4, and 7 to HIGH, you can use the code 'DigitalWrite(2 | 4 | 7, HIGH)'

4. What is the difference between DigitalWrite and AnalogWrite in Teensy microcontroller?

DigitalWrite is used for setting the state of a digital pin as either HIGH or LOW, while AnalogWrite is used for setting the analog output of a pin using pulse-width modulation (PWM).

5. Can I use DigitalWrite to read the state of a pin?

No, DigitalWrite can only be used to set the state of a pin as either HIGH or LOW. To read the state of a pin, you can use the DigitalRead function.