Discover the Best Microscope for Sperm Cell Observation | AMScope M158C-E

• B
  • Thread starter jaketodd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Microscope
In summary, there are several types of microscopes available, including compound, stereo, digital, and electron microscopes. Factors to consider when buying a microscope include magnification power, resolution, lighting, ease of use, and cost. The ideal magnification power will depend on the type of samples being observed. Binocular microscopes have two eyepieces and are more comfortable to use, but may be more expensive. Additional equipment and accessories may be needed depending on the type of microscope purchased.
jaketodd
Gold Member
I'm not so much interested in how they work, but to buy a ~$200 one with built in video camera that I could save video files of sperm cells moving around. I've heard that needs 400x optical magnification. How about this one? https://amscope.com/products/m158c-e

Thanks!

Likes berkeman
Science news on Phys.org
I realize this may seem like a joke, but it's not. Please help me find what I'm looking for guys. Thanks

1. What is the magnification power of the AMScope M158C-E microscope?

The AMScope M158C-E microscope has a magnification power of 40x to 1000x, making it ideal for observing sperm cells which are typically between 50-100 micrometers in length.

2. Does the AMScope M158C-E microscope have a built-in camera for capturing images?

Yes, the AMScope M158C-E microscope has a built-in 1.3MP digital camera for capturing images and videos of sperm cells. The camera is connected to a computer via USB for easy image transfer and analysis.

3. Can the AMScope M158C-E microscope be used for live sperm cell observation?

Yes, the AMScope M158C-E microscope has a built-in LED illumination system that provides bright and even lighting, making it suitable for live sperm cell observation. Additionally, the microscope has a mechanical stage for precise movement and tracking of sperm cells.

4. What type of microscopy technique is best for observing sperm cells?

The AMScope M158C-E microscope uses brightfield microscopy, which is the most commonly used technique for observing sperm cells. This technique allows for clear visualization of the sperm cells' shape and structure.

5. Is the AMScope M158C-E microscope suitable for educational purposes?

Yes, the AMScope M158C-E microscope is a great tool for educational purposes. It is user-friendly, affordable, and offers high-quality images, making it perfect for students and educators alike.